Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Date: 

Attendees:  Steven

Regrets: Jason

Agenda & Notes

...

  • Steven Folsom keep track of cataloger perspective on work to support LC Names is in QA with context 
    Steven Folsom to reach out to Nancy to see what data we get from the "Profiles Wrangler" survey about QA needs, will then reach out to cohort to check results and see if anything is missing
  • Lynette Rayle LDPath gem has two problems: 1) bug in LDPath parsing paths, 2) it is doing load for graph every time it tries to access something (SLOW)... may need to fork LDPath gem to make more efficient since will not need to reload graph every time (for our use case)
  • Lynette Rayle investigate & document algorithm for selection of languages with label and/or no label. In cases like AgroVoc where languages are handled well then we just want to document the (good) algorithm; but in other cases where language information is wrong we need to be able to turn that off (need more config for this)
    • 2019-03-22 - Documentation has been started but still has some TODOs to fill in information. Created issue to track (Issue #61)
  • Huda Khan & Steven Folsom to go through spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gklgTQUNd9nr3xTl5kdFYK51SRG6TeMRH678N1FtNQ0/edit?usp=sharing assessing difficulty and "linked data wow" factor (BfB)
    • 2019-02-22 Discussion of whether we are doing anything that will impact our source (MARC) data or whether this work is just additions at the discovery layer (that may come from other sources such as SHARE-VDE clusters) – agreement that we are interested in experiments that will merge any useful data at the indexing stage. If we wanted to move any of this to production then we'd need to have conversations about linking in MARC but that could be done later / if / when. Huda Khanand Steven Folsomwill meet next week to come up with proposals with an assessment of tractability and wow factor.
    • 2019-03-01 Met yesterday and assessed "wow" in spreadsheet, suggested that three: relationships, knowledge cards and semantic navigation have the best potential for "wow".  Huda Khanand Steven Folsom to come up with wireframe proposals to present to D&A group on March 19.
    • Based on D.O.G. and D.A.G. work, generated set of ideas (to elicit feedback).  Based on bringing in relationships from external data (that hopefully go beyond what is already in the authorities).  Areas to try: cross-references, relationships, other sources (e.g. databases, etc.).
    • 2019-03-29 Wow was added to spreadsheet, consider this done and move on the discovery work planning
  • Jason Kovariwill discuss in LTS whether there a URIs from Share-VDE data that are useful and might be added to catalog
    • 2019-03-29 We have what is expected to be the final dump of SHARE-VDE effort. Hope to look at it soon. Then have discussion in LTS – people will need to see / explore data before forming opinions on utility
  • Simeon Warner re: Enhanced Discovery work
    • 2019-03-29 Position posted yesterday, Simeon to push to code4lib etc.
  • Huda Khan to create new repository for Cornell discovery work and then create issues for the three work areas organized in a project board
  • Issues:

...