|Table of Contents|
from 14:00-15:00 UTC
Location: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- Preview Release Planning (Deadline/Goal is April 18). Where do we sit?
- Early Planning for OR2019
- (15 mins) Planning for next week
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Next tasks from Development Planning Spreadsheet
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker
- Chris Wilper
- Terry Brady
- Pablo Prieto
- Paulo Graça
= Highest Priority tasks (please prioritize these reviews/tasks over others). Currently this lists tasks/features that need to be completed for Preview Release.
= review done (this week), changes were requested.
= review done, approved.
= review done, merge conflict or other minor changes requests
Tickets / PRs In Progress
- (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
- (REST) Updating Owning Collections: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2283 (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
- (REST) Item Mapper functionality: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2282 (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
PRs Needing Review
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Waiting on updates from Ben Bosman ) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management:
- (REST Contract) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/57 (Mark H. Wood - approved., Paulo Graça - approved, Andrea Bollini (4Science) )
- (REST) EPerson profile PATCH functionality : https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2257 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) , Tim Donohue . This PR currently has minor merge conflicts.)
- (REST) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2376 (Tom Desair reviewed, Paulo Graça - reviewed, Andrea Bollini (4Science) )
- (REST) MyDSpace Endpoint PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2391 ( Ben Bosman , Tim Donohue , Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) ) - previous discussion here: https://github.com/4Science/DSpace/pull/65
- (REST) Embed EPerson Groups on EPerson: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2216 (Tim Donohue, Paulo Graça - approved)
- (Angular) Transfer to .po message format - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/366 (Paulo Graça - changes requested, Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) - requested updates. Currently failing build.)
- (Angular) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/372 ( Paulo Graça - approved. Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) , Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) - retested, looks fine)
- (Angular) Preview release theme: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/376 (Tim Donohue - Should this be merged into "master" or a "preview" branch? May need to discuss next week?)
- (Angular) Additional docs and tests: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/380 (Paulo Graça - approved)
- (Angular) Fix facet UI issue: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/382 (Paulo Graça - approved, Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) Fix 2 small edit item metadata issues: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/383 (Paulo Graça - approved, Tim Donohue)
- https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/384) (Art Lowel (Atmire) - requested changes - still reviewing code, Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue) (Angular) MyDSpace UI (
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- (Backend) One Webapp Backend - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2265 (Ben Bosman , Mark H. Wood , Terry Brady - tested and found issues in getting RDF/SWORDv1 working in Docker)
- This PR will have a follow-up PR to rename the "dspace-spring-rest" webapp to "dspace-server" and update all URL configurations
- Docker changes to merge after this PR is merged: https://github.com/DSpace-Labs/DSpace-Docker-Images/pull/96
- (Backend) Upgrading to Handle Server v9: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2394 (Mark H. Wood)
PRs Merged this week!
- (first PR merged goes here)
- (Angular) Move Item Component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/335
- Blocked by DSpace PR#2283
- (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/348
- Blocked by DSpace PR#2282
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.
Priorities for Preview Release
As discussed in previous DSpace 7 meetings, our DSpace 7 Preview release is aimed for first few weeks of April, followed by a Beta in May (before OR2019). The top priorities for the Preview Release are (in this order):
- Submission & Workflow UI / backend
- Configurable Entities (from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group)
- Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace (not required for Preview, as there's no user facing features. However, the earlier we feel comfortable merging this effort the better)