|Table of Contents|
from 14:00-15:00 UTC
Location: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- (Topic #1) Short mention from Andrea Bollini (4Science)about the strategy to adopt to manage relations (entities) in the submission. The expectation is to enhance/update the workspaceitem endpoint as required but to don't use directly the item endpoint (i.e. /api/core/items/:uuid/relations). As soon a design document/PR/idea is ready Andrea Bollini (4Science)will be happy to provide feedback, please just ping
- (Topic #2)
- Improved Estimation Strategy for Beta release. (Estimates should include time for discussion / code reviews, also should be done by multiple developers)
- (15 mins) Planning for next week
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Next tasks from Development Planning Spreadsheet
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker
- Chris Wilper
- Terrence W Brady
- Pablo Prieto
- Paulo Graça
- Bill Tantzen
= Highest Priority tasks (please prioritize these reviews/tasks over others). Currently this lists tasks/features that need to be completed for Preview Release.
= Priority for OR2019 (Preview #2 Release).
= review done (this week), changes were requested.
= review done, approved.
= review done, merge conflict or other minor changes requests
Tickets / PRs In Progress
- (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
- https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) ) (Angular Bug)
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
- (REST) DS-4043: Revisit the security layer of the submission (work in progress) Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Waiting on updates fromBen Bosman ) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management:
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Waiting for confirmation of proposed approach by Andrea Bollini (4Science) from Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) and any other interested/available ) (REST) Pagination issues on Items findAll -
- (Backend) DS-4257: Renaming "dspace-spring-rest" to "dspace-server" (Tim Donohue). (Timeline: Not likely to be completed until after OR2019)
(NEW) (Angular) Shibboleth Login https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/417 (there are Travis CI errors)
- (Angular) Transfer to .po message format - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/366 (Paulo Graça, Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) )
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) Collecting statistics - https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/63 (Dimitris Pierrakos, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - changes requested, Ben Bosman )
- (REST) Item Mapper functionality: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2282 ( Tim Donohue , Ben Bosman - resolve merge conflicts)
- (REST) (Entities) DS-4223 Metadata Schemas for configurable entities https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2443 (Paulo Graça , Mark H. Wood )
- (Higher priority) (REST) [DS-4266] bitstream format registry https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2442 (Ben Bosman, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - changes requested)
- (REST) Pagination bug with withdrawn items: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Dimitris Pierrakos , Ben Bosman - Feedback provided)
- (REST) [DS-4298] changed the PathVariable for the upload method: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2467 (Ben Bosman , Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) (Entities) Deleting relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402 (Paulo Graça - will test again, Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) Selectable Themes. https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/419 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue, tested by Laura Henze)
- (Angular) (Entities) DS-4223 Metadata Schemas for configurable entities https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/420 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) Configurable browse-by https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/421 (closes #361) ( Tim Donohue , Paulo Graça ,Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)approved )
- (Angular) Move Item Component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/335 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science), NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/348 (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
- Uses DSpace PR#2282 (see above)
- (Angular) Add missing ResourcePolicyService: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/427 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) , changes requestedArt Lowel (Atmire))
- (Angular) Shibboleth integration support (WORK IN PROGRESS): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/429 (Julius is looking for feedback/help) (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) needs a rebase of branch , Fernando FCT/FCCN - does this PR really have more than 1600 files changed?)
- (Backend) Upgrading to Handle Server v9: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2394 (Mark H. Wood, Ben Bosman )
- (Backend) Update email templates to use Velocity (for richer, powerful templates): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1992 (Chris Wilper , Tim Donohue, Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- (Merge on/around July 19th) (Backend) One Webapp Phase 2: Rename "dspace-spring-rest" to "dspace-server-webapp": https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2459 (Mark H. Wood, Alexander Sulfrian, Terrence W Brady)
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST Contract) upload bitstream to archived item - https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/61
- (REST Contract) Document need to escape special characters - https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/58
- (REST) Some minor code cleanup in the tests: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2448
- (REST) (Entities) Relationship search by label: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2450
- (REST) (Entities) DS-4244 Add configurable entities unit tests https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2446
- (REST) DS-4210 Deposit on collection without workflow seems to fail (405 but succeed): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2429
- (REST) Updating Owning Collections (Moving Items between collections): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2283
- (Backend) Minor dependency updates to "master": https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2425
- (Backend) Our extensive EHCache configuration is ignored: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2397
- (Blocked PRs go here)
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.
Priorities for Preview Release
As discussed in previous DSpace 7 meetings, our DSpace 7 Preview release is aimed for early May, followed by a Preview #2 in May (before OR2019). The top priorities for the Preview Release are (in this order):
- Submission & Workflow UI / backend
- Configurable Entities (from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group)
- Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace (not required for Preview, as there's no user facing features. However, the earlier we feel comfortable merging this effort the better)
Priorities for OR2019 revolve around features or needs that we want to show off in Workshops/Presentations. These include
- Finalizing theming/branding strategy for new UI
- DSpace Backend as One Webapp
- Finalizing (as much as reasonable) the upgrade process (including Solr, Handle Server, etc)
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris
Travis CI + Docker Compose for testing of Angular
- Docs: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/docker/#using-docker-compose
- Blogpost on how to do it: http://elliot.land/post/using-docker-compose-on-travis-ci
- An example travis.yml file: https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/docker-buildfiles/blob/master/.travis.example.yml