Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Agenda


Notes

browse-everything#227 was everything


Active Fedora release

  • Release 12.2.0
    • There was some discussion, James felt like there were some concerns with Hyrax compatibility
    • James will

...

    • request that Chris Colvard review this


SolrizerSend out

  • Deprecation notice was sent to the community
  • Should Mark send out a reminder next week?

...

  • The initial e-Mail went out, and Jim Coble alone responded

...

  • (they felt that it was fine to deprecate the Gem)
  • Trey:
  • It's probably best to still send out another reminder
  • Mark:

...

  • Will plan to send a reminder on Tuesday, and will offer an agenda item for the Tech. Call on Wednesday


Next Sprint

  • Bess and Mark are looking to contribute to up to 0.5 FTE each
  • Noah will see if they are available, but would like to participate
  • Tom is continuing

...

  • Hyrax-on-Wings work during that week, but does intend to run on both sprints
  • Our board is very empty
  • If Product Owners don't fill the board, we can address this in a few ways:
    • We can populate the board ourselves
    • We can cancel the sprint
    • We can address what issues there are and take less than one week
  • Mark

...

    • Advocates for continuing with what issues we identify even if the sprint consumes less than one week
    • Test coverage sufficiency seems to be an open question regarding community standardization
      • What does that mean for the community moving forward?

If we got through the issues and it did not consume the entire week, that might be acceptable

...

  •  Trey:
    • Product Owners aren't necessarily responsible for ensuring that the code coverage is high enough for a component
  • Noah:
    • Agrees with holding the sprint, should we always wait for the Product Owners to identify issues?
  • Trey:
    • Product Owners will or will not add the issues, but we may end

...

    • the sprint early if we close all of the issues on the board in less than one week
  • Mark:
    • At last Partners' Meeting, ensuring that components adhere to the latest Rails and Ruby releases was quite well received

      ...

          • Even if this work does not consume the entire sprint, that's still sufficient

      ...

          • This should still be used to indicate where the community might need to add more effort for maintenance
      • Trey:
        • Are there Ruby releases coming up which we should be ready for?  Rails 6 is still in beta, but will there be a stable release soon?
          • Created maintenance/issues/20


      Discussing Test Coverage:

      • What do others consider "good enough coverage"?
        • Trey: Without 100%, continuous integration becomes difficult if coverage falls below a certain non-100% threshold
        • Some years ago, this point was discussed in the community
          • The sense was that most were confident enough in the code bases without needing consisent, 100% coverage
        • Also, many want to ensure that the test suite does not consume too much time
          • Ideally, we can have both good coverage with fast test suites
        • Even with 90% was the goal, there are many at or above this threshold
      • questioning_authority was failing on master
        • After further inspection, an issue was created in response to this
          • Noah:

      ...

          • These failures might be related to some live calls to a WorldCat service endpoint


      Deprecation of omNot

      • What is the status of this?  Was there any opposition to it being deprecated?
        • GitHub repository has not yet been moved out of

      ...

        • Samvera Organization

      ...

      • We will review this

      ...

      • during the sprint


      Sprint Planning and Next Meetings

      • Trey will not

      ...

      • be available meet at 15:00EDT on 07/26
      • Mark: It would be best for DCE to address planning on the Monday of the week of the sprint
        • We will not meet next week
      • Will 12:00PDT/15:00PM EDT as a daily standup/check-in time work for everyone for the

      ...

      • week of the sprint?
        • All agreed

      ...

        • with this proposal
        • All plan to meet Monday 07/29 to address sprint planning at 12:00PDT/15:00EDT
      • We will be using the same Zoom

      ...


      Meeting adjourned at 12:30 PDT/15:30 EDT

      ...