The first meeting of the full LD4L project team took place at Stanford University's Meyer Library on January 30-31, 2014. Over the two days, we accomplished the following:
- Reviewed the overall project goals and timeline for the two years of Mellon-funded effort.
- Presented on the tools, systems, and background knowledge each partner brought to the effort, including VIVO, LibraryCloud, StackLife, Hydra, Stanford CAP, Harvard Profiles, and VIVOSearch
- Created a set of LD4L Working Groups (LD4L 2014) to focus on Ontology development, Engineering, Use Cases, and Outreach and Workshop Planning.
- Brainstormed and documented an initial set of Use Cases for the project.
- Identified a set of potential Data Sources from each of the project partners.
- Created a list of potential partners to contact about working together on the project.
- Agreed on a standard set of collaboration tools and practices.
- Held an initial discussion of the structure for the ontology.
- Created a list of short-term actions and goals for the team over the next 1-2 months.
- Set a time for a monthly all-hands team teleconference.