- Beta release sanity testing
Beta Release (Andrew)
- schedule solid RC or beta to be ready for Open Repositories
- vast majority of features are finished and ready for testing
- when we put out the beta or the RC of the beta, committers expected to download the quickstart and try some minimal sanity testing
- Andrew will put out a release candidate for input at the end of the current sprint
- Next sprint will focus on fixing anything wrong with the beta, doing additional testing
- Mike D: we need a box we can check to show that we have done a sanity test, some kind of affirmative to say we tested
- Coverage of platforms will be helpful (Mac, Win, Linux)
- Sign off on high level features or recipes would be great (triple store recipe, authorization)
- Mike D: volunteered to assist on building the release with Andrew
- Esme re-tested the REST API
- renewing transactions did not seem to work, so that was the only real fix
- most fixes were error handling
- Balanced tree for performance
- Kevin: native store testing remains for the weekend (don't worry about indexing at this point -Andrew)
- Esme: balanced tree testing continues and is documented on the wiki (256x256x256 folders)
- Do we need to test scenarios with more than 15 mil right now? David: eventually but not right now.
- Esme will continue testing at XX level
- Mike: questions about making read only file-system useful
- one pull request pending - checksum caching (regenerate checksum 3 times, were querying wrong property)
- cache timeout (for changing file system)
- where to put the sidecar files (or database/modeshape equivalent) is still a question.
- Mike: will start with an easy solution to read only checksum, later we can come up with better storage.
- there are some issue appearing here, but they seem resolved
- Scott: updating the PR to include fixes
- additional documentation seems like what remain
- has a couple error handling and transaction renewal fix
- will make changes to the wiki about the error handling (once internet restored)
- will test a larger balanced tree of objects
- will repeat holiday performance testing
- Andrew: keep in mind that external datastreams story/recipe is needed
- Chris B. has created a bunch of bug in pivotal, these can be looked at
- Latest update is showing correct information on the HTML UI
- What issues remain?
- Andrew will build the latest and see if he has any new issues.
- Having so branching issues, worried about losing commits.
- Andrew had one comment on an interface. Longshou: it is probably safe to remove the code in question.
- Will follow up on the get children method..