February 23 LD4L Workshop breakout session: New Uses & Use Cases for Linked Data
facilitator: Tom Cramer
- Collection management: shared collections, ILL, acquisitions
- University press: identify authors, topics, readers
- Usage data :: Publications :: profiles :: faculty evaluation
- Data Repositories publishing LOD to facilitate data reuse
- Trending (what's happening on Twitter, Reddit, etc.) w/ links to LOD from LAMs
- componentized calls: "data the web wants" for thumbs, licensing, attribution, TOC, etc.
- help drive people to OPEN data
- Linked-data based cataloging, description
- give researchers a platform for linking data
- crowd/club-sourcing links, topics, terms, etc.
- citation mapping & mining