- Important bug fixes to DSpace database connection/caching management
- Indexing: Items failed to be reindexed after metadata changes were made: DS-3660
- Batch processing: XMLUI Batch Import Failure: DS-3648
- Group creation: Database migrations sometimes failed to create initial groups (Administrator and Anonymous) in fresh_installs: DS-3659
- Cache management: DOIOrganiser CLI does not change the database anymore: DS-3656
- Cache Management: Database changes of consumers aren't persisted anymore: DS-3680
- Cache Management: Slow batch operations due to Hibernate caching: DS-3286
- General bug fixes (to all UIs):
- Pre-6.x Bitstream statistics were not being displayed: DS-3602
- ImageMagick PDF thumbnail should always create sRGB JPEG files: DS-3517
- ImageMagick PDF Processing Degraded with Changes in 5.7 release: DS-3661
The 6.2 release was led by the DSpace Committers.
A full list of all changes / bug fixes in 6.x is available in the Changes in 6.x section.
The following individuals have contributed directly to this release of DSpace: Tim Donohue, Mark H. Wood, Pascal-Nicolas Becker, Kevin Van de Velde, Ivan Masár, Hardy Pottinger, Terry Brady, Andrea Schweer, Philip Vissenaekens, Peter Dietz, Jonas Van Goolen, Tom Desair, Dylan MEEUS, Luigi Andrea Pascarelli, William Welling, Christian Scheible, Andrea Bollini, Aleksander Kotyński-Buryła, Ondřej Košarko, Jozef Mišutka, Chris Wilper, Ilja Sidoroff, Roeland Dillen, Bram Luyten, Marsa Haoua, Claudia Jürgen, Kim Shepherd, Art Lowel, Ivo Prajer, Petr Karel, Mini Pillai, Facundo Gabriel Adorno, Luiz Claudio Santos, Robin Taylor, Tim Van den Langenbergh, Arnaud de Bossoreille, Bill Tantzen, Tiago Guimarães, Oriol Olivé Comadira, Àlex Magaz Graça, Anne Lawrence, Brad Dewar, Bruno Nocera Zanette, David Baker, Ed Goulet, Mateusz Neumann, Monika Mevenkamp, Pablo Buenaposada, Patricio Marrone, Petya Kohts, Eike Kleiner, Antoine Snyers, Bjorn Jaspers, Chris Herron, Dan Scott, David Cook, Davor Cubranic, José Carvalho, Jozsef Marton, Juan Manuel Catá, Panagiotis Koutsourakis, Pantelis Karamolegkos, Pedro Príncipe, Philippe Gray, Rodrigo Prado de Jesus, RomanticCat, Saiful Amin, junwei1229, Keith Gilbertson, Nicolas Schwab, Pablo Buenaposada, Michael Marttila, samuel, tmtvl , and others who reviewed and commented on their work. Many of these could not do this work without the support (release time and financial) of their associated institutions. We offer thanks to those institutions for supporting their staff to take time to contribute to the DSpace project.