Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • Julie Allinson
  • Chris Awre
  • Robert Cartolano
  • Aaron Choate
  • Stefano Cossu
  • Dan Coughlin
  • Tom Cramer
  • Jon Dunn
  • Declan Fleming (with help from Dan C.) (star)
  • Sarah Fredline
  • Wolfram Horstmann
  • Neil Jefferies
  • Debra Kurtz
  • Susan Lafferty
  • Mark Leggott
  • Jonathan Markow
  • Steve Marks?
  • Tom Murphy
  • Sandy Payette
  • Matthias Razum
  • Glen Robson
  • Robin Lindley Ruggaber
  • Dan Santamaria
  • Kelcy Shepherd
  • Thorny Staples
  • Jim Tuttle
  • Keith Webster
  • David Wilcox
  • Andrew Woods
  • Maurice York
  • Patrick Yott
  • Evviva Weinraub
  • Mike Giarlo
  • Jim Tuttle

Agenda

Advanced Tables - Table Plus
autoNumbertrue

Topic

LeadNotes

Welcome newly-elected (and re-elected) Leadership Group Members:

  • Julie Allinson, University of York
  • Chris Awre, University of Hull
  • Aaron Choate, University of Texas at Austin
  • Stefano Cossu, Art Institute of Chicago
  • Tom Murphy, ICPSR
  • Sandy Payette, Cornell University
  • Dan Santamaria, Tufts University
Jonathan Markow

Welcome!

Historic moment: Sandy coming back in a new role after having started Fedora!

Most active DuraSpace project nominations.

March DuraSpace Summit breakout topics

debra hanken kurtz

Jonathan Markow

 

Tom Cramer

Group

Looking for general and breakout topics for the summit. Three, 45 minute discussion topics on the second day in the past. May do this on both days this time. Also plenary session topic suggestions welcome.

 

  • Discussions of the possibility of having DSpace exposing it’s own REST API to service the Fedora specification.
    • Fedora having a RESTful interface and DSpace implementing this API to use the Fedora Repo part.
    • This topic has come up multiple times and the community has previous not been ready for this beyond experimental phase. They could never gain traction for whatever reason.
    • Ultimately, may be worth time to get people together and feel out the DSpace community and who among the stakeholders is interested in this type of discussion and if it is worth a more formal discussion at OR.
  • Looking to get a discussion around Sufia, HyBox, DSpace, Fedora and how they relate. Largely this is around what is a good out of the box session and how they fit what roles

 

  • Hosted services
    • Maurice and Shield project
  • Use cases, actors for art museums
    • mixes nicely with cultural heritage discussions
  • Market expansion - other verticals and territories
    • Maybe plenary on European market penetration since DSpace has done well here (Vivo too)
  • Large organizations?
  • Vivo/Fedora Integration (maybe DSpace too?)
    • cross pollination benefits are high
  • Lyrasis merger discussion and how it impacts Fedora
  • Roadmap beyond 3.5 and support
  • Email in other ideas

 

 

OR2016 Fedora Leadership Group Meeting

  • Planning the agenda
Tom

deferred

Doodle sent for meeting in Ireland.

Membership Special Interest Groups

  • Need a chair for the overall effort
  • Need to host an initial meeting and put a call out for community participation
Andrew

Government

International - Susan will help get a meeting going. Maurice also interested.

Museums - Robin and Stefano will lead and grow this.

Spend some time in discussion at the Summit.

West Coast Fedora Camp Update

  • 31/40 attendees registered
  • Register now if you plan to send someone!
  • Instructor team established
  • Curriculum updates underway
Andrew, Stefano

Duke camp was a success, this is the second edition

CalTech in April

3 new community leaders - Stefano, Armintor, Diego Novaro

 

   

...