- Amazon S3 only (Preservation and Enterprise subscriptions)
- Amazon S3 with automatic backup to Amazon Glacier (Preservation Plus and Enterprise Plus subscriptions)
- Amazon S3 with automatic backup to San Diego Supercomputer Center (Preservation Plus and Enterprise Plus subscriptions)
- Chronopolis TRAC-certified, geographically distributed dark archive storage (DuraCloud Enterprise Chronopolis subscription)
- How many TB of storage will you require for your content? DuraCloud storage is provided in TB increments. If you need more storage than your initial subscription, additional TB can be added at any time and the cost will be prorated for the number of months left in the subscription year.
- Do you need a dark archive solution? The Duracloud Enterprise Chronopolis subscription provides geographically distributed preservation storage in a TRAC-certified dark archive system, and is the most affordable option for content that needs to be preserved but not accessed for a period of time. This is a great option for preservation masters or for materials that will not be described or made accessible for several years.
- Do you want to store your content with one provider (Amazon S3), or to also back up your content to Amazon Glacier or SDSC? This decision may depend on your institution's preservation policies. If you are keeping two copies in locally managed systems and DuraCloud is tertiary storage, then Amazon S3 may be sufficient. However, if you keep only one local copy, we recommend a subscription that includes a backup to another provider. Backing up to Glacier also allows DuraCloud to replace any items which are found to be missing or corrupt in Amazon S3.
- Will you need access to administrative controls? Enterprise, Enterprise Plus, and DuraCloud Enterprise Chronopolis subscriptions include administrative controls. Administrators can create and delete spaces, create groups of users, and implement access controls at the space level. With these controls you can provide a variety of individuals, departments, research groups, etc. access to a single DuraCloud account.