There are two primary ways of deploying Fedora 4. The first, One-Click Run, is an easy way to get Fedora 4 running to test out the basic features. The second, Deploying Fedora 4 Complete Guide Servlet Container Install, is the approach to be used in production installations.
- Download the latest executable webapp "one-click-run" from Downloads downloads
Either double-click on the download, or run the following command to start Fedora 4
java -jar fcrepo-webapp-<version>-jetty-console.jar
Note, port 8080 is the default. Replace that port number in the above URL if you used a different value.
Once Fedora 4 is running,
- Explore the Feature Tour feature tour
- Explore the web-application Application Configuration configuration options
- Explore enabling repository asset Authentication and Authorization authorization
- Explore setting up an External Search external search index