UI: Angular (demo site: https://dspace7-demo.atmire.com/)
REST API: Java (demo site: https://dspace7.4science.it/dspace-spring-rest/)
Angular Subteam is facilitated by Art Lowel (Atmire)
REST API Subteam is facilitated by Andrea Bollini (4Science)
Angular UI Code
REST Technology / Code
- Install DSpace 6, create some communities, collections and archive some items. As DSpace 7 is still work in progress it will be good to have some test material in place.
- Shutdown you servlet container and undeploy all previous DSpace UIs
- Compile the current master (https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/master) and run ant update as usual
- Deploy the webapp dspace-spring-rest as dspace-spring-rest (if you use another path, you may want to change the index.html file withing the webapp)
- Start your servlet container and take a look into its logfiles
- If you have problems deploying the webapp in cause for slf4j and log4j, it may be necessary to delete [dspace]/webapps/spring-rest/WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.22.jar
- Test if dspace-spring-rest was loaded successfully by opening it in a browser. You can compare it to the demo linked above.
- Install dspace-angular. You can try it as described in the OR2017 DSpace Angular Workshop or take a look into the Readme.md in the dspace-angular git repository.