- Work is progressing although not as rapidly as would be ideal due to being under-resourced. Major work is being done by RSPatmire RSPs Atmire and 4science for which we are extremely grateful. There is quite alot of backend functionality underway that will enaure
- Major of work has been on backend functionality (namely REST API design, best practices, and framework). This will ensure a better REST API that will operate better w the Angular
- By the end of 2017/beginning of 2018 there will be more UI mock-ups to review including search enhancements and submission.
- Authenticatuion Authentication and authorization is next up after submission and search
- Tim suggests that this group continue to capture UIs that are inspiring especially for search, submission, Authentication, and authorization: UI examples of inspirational design and functionality.
- The new DSpace entities group isooking is looking at how DSpace might handle people , authors, (i.e. authors) and institutions beginning with with DSpace cris -CRIS application models
- Mariya interested in entities
- Jose working with DSpace 5 and entities pilot including a new metadata profile for OpenAir with entities by end of year—this is a local pilot for DSpace 7–will share with community by end of year
- Past review of use cases on wiki: Use Cases
- Did developers use connentscomments/updates?
- Yes, but often they the use cases are more forward looking—can’t creep DSpace 7 scope, but very useful in planning the future-looking DSpace 7 roadmap
- Continuing to enhance use cases is helpful.