- Bethany would like more feedback on what expectations are for mimetype
- She will take another look at it to try to work through what the validation issue is
- Bethany will take a look
- there was a work around for that, using a different accept type. No one has strong feelings that it shouldn't be closed, so will make a note on ticket
- Josh - as a larger strategy, this is something we will need to address
- Paging mechanism is problematic in RDF rest api, but something we will need to deal with
- Work around okay for now, but many members issue needs to be addressed in future implementations
6. 5.0.0 release?
- Need to wrap up creation of mementos, one of the last main things to bring into alignment with spec
- Pairtrees - Do we want to remove them?
- Peter (?): In favor of removing them
- Significant bit of internal work to hide them at fedora level, while still might need them in jcr
- Danny: In doing away with pair trees, they would still be around internally
- Peter: Need them, otherwise performance tanks after about 1000 children
- Esme: Might want to look at Aaron Coburn's Appletree implementation. Takes checksum, makes path based on that. Includes hiding internal paths
- Esme: would involve renaming everything in your repository, so it would need to take place as part of a major version change
- Esme: Would either need migration tooling, or tooling for enabling/disabling the feature
- Danny: how hard would a migration tool be to created?
- Esme: Would be complex, but possible. If you have been using auto-generated UUIDS, could go through repo and remove pairtree.
- Danny: interesting proposal, do we need community feedback?
- Yes, more feedback would be good.
- Esme: to write up brief description of proposal for fedora-tech
- For discussion in new year
Action: Check in with Andrew about completeness of the test suite
Action: Mike will put together a document with first pass at the feature set.
Action: Esme to write up brief description of proposal to remove pair trees for fedora tech