Editors / Implementers meeting: Thursday, Feb 22nd @1pm ET
- Esmé Cowles will not be able to make it, Simeon Warner will be UK and will try to make it but no guarantees, others should be able to
- What do we want to get out of this meeting?
- Better community understanding of issues by answering questions, from which we might get clues about things in the spec that aren't clear
- Keep focus within the scope of the effort, start with framing of scope/charter/goals and desire to help implementers understand spec (not a forum to reopen issues, that should happen on github)
- Want to make timelines clear, hope to land spec in April and would like to help implementers make the same timeline
- Compatibility test suite usage updates?
- Simeon had some discussion with Jorge about running against trilpy, many failures however
- Esme did try it a couple of weeks ago
- We should all try to interact on the public fedora-api-test-suite channel
- pr-329 - Editorial change: Reordering of Authorization subsections (needs review from all)
- pr-325 - Making location headers a MUST in post responses for ldpcv's (needs discussion)
- Agreement to keep just first sentence about POST being optional in this situation
- pr-326 - Loosening requirements on rel=type link headers for PUT when type is (awaiting response from Daniel Lamb)
- Agreement that support for changing types is MAY (and not MUST), and that SHOULD for the sub-class issue
- Agreement on "Impementations MAY allow the interaction model to be changed by specification of a new LDP type in a Link header. If supported, requests SHOULD be rejected unless the new LDP type specified is a sub-type the current type."
Plan for addressing open Recommendation issues
- All assigned
- #310 - Accept-Post reference incorrect
- Simeon Warner will take a stab at this
- #308 - Requiring Accept-Post on OPTIONS, recommending for GET/HEAD - resolved-needs-PR
- #280 - Versioning scheme of spec - resolved-needs-PR
- Agreement that we put version number in the title, will keep dating for URIs. Andrew Woods will create a release checklist issue and add this item, then we can close #280
- Open No Milestone issues
- #315 - Does versioning containers violate the single-containment principle?
- #316 - Recursive delete and constraints/messaging - 3 weeks since last comment
- Daniel Lamb to create agenda for next week
- ACTION (Daniel Lamb): To create PR: non-norm: LDPCv is both a timemap and a container, but does not allow POST