Child pages
  • 2018-08-14 SIGAHR Meeting notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 17 Next »

Date

 4:00 PM Eastern/ 1:00 Pacific

Attendees

Regrets

Goals

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
Location of Accessibility 360 Documents?
  • partners and steering pages - ask Adam A.

Hyrax WG - Report OutTom and SVT

The second sprint for the WG is in 2nd week. Looks like the crew has either completed or is in progress on 26 issues accessibility related issues. those 26 cover 60-70% of the 360 audit. Tackle more issues as we move forward, but a huge first step. Tom, Jess and SVT will get together for focus of next sprint. Something like accessibility and turning toward analytics.

Status of Valkyrie into Hyrax. Originally targeted for SamCon, or has that goal been redefined? Is there a timeline or is it tabled til the WG can make time for it? Still on current roadmap for Hyrax. WG needs to evaluate what's there and best next steps. Direct what WG does next on the metafeature. Hope is that next: Analytics. Toss up between Bulk and Valkyrie in terms of what's ready to go.

https://samvera.slack.com/archives/CA8ANGLEL/p1534178075000366

Moving Hyrax to Valkyrie and getting bulk work done have large community interest. Prioritization is hard as they are both fires. Which is actually ready for action?

Lynette: looking for performance. Without that, can't get off the ground. Doing customizations to make it more efficient.

David: Bulk may need to be re-done after Valkyrie. (Pay down the technical debt first)

Are we able to take Valkyrie as it stands now - would require planning specific to that work. Doesn't mean we shouldn't start planning now. May need sprint to analyze and plan how to do it.

Would take some time to complete the process - the abstraction layer will take a cycle. Active Fedora is intertwined completely into Hyrax. Going to take a while to happen.

Focus WG on Valkyrie and find a traditionally structured effort around bulk to happen. Oregon may be able to contribute to bulk.

Mike - what he meant - we should have a better story by Connect, not that we'd be done by Connect.

Image of Roadmap - report out at Connect - blocks to show issues and progress. Figure out imagery. What's the rough timing - what do we hope to accomplish over the next year.

Due to fluid nature of priorities, what's the best way to update the roadmap over time? Puzzle it out. Make sure to bounce it off WG for reality check.

 Roadmap Council - report out 

 Jon Cameron, SVT

-hasn't formed yet. Not a functional entity at this time. Samvera Roadmap Council is focused on Samvera as a whole - make sure all of these roadmaps don't conflict and line up.


Other Recent Hyrax activity


Samvera Connect Plenary


Repository Certifications and Hyrax
Review of Certifications/ Standards

Migrations to HyraxRyan

Hyku
Make sure Rob Kaufman comes onto calls. As much as possible, keeping Hyku up with Hyrax - viable product for multi-tenancy.

Action items

  •  
  • No labels