Agenda items for the Samvera Marketing WG
- Review of progress/status with production of marketing materials
- Final feedback on FAQ text
- Question referring to costs/resourcing
- Practicalities at Connect (bringing the different materials together)
- Feedback from Samvera Europe meeting
- Beyond Connect
- WG membership
- Longer term aims and goals re: marketing Samvera
- Mugs produced
- Leaflet - aggrieved format with designer here - procurement issues
- Adobe creative cloud turned off briefly but has now been addressed - can still be printed in Utah - get something to printer for the 3rd.
- Raise leaflet printing with Brian - Chris will ask.
- Chris will add a page to wiki page for "what we should put on the memory sticks"
- Practicalities at Connect: Meet at Guest House by 7:30 on Sunday night
- Mark Bussey shared design for the Samvera sticker and he's bringing a whole bunch with him - he has put that on a closed Steering page w/ t-shirt designs - access, but an idea of who has access by Steering
- if at Wiki - highly accessible
- careful with anything with original logos until we have final trademark on products
- Sticker and leaflet - which use the logo in a reasonable way - but them in Wiki in closed folder specifically set up as a place where people can request via email
Feedback on FAQ info -
2 questions since then:
Degree to which it is reasonable to express that the repository does lots of things - could Samvera in any sense be classed as a preservation system? Hard to describe Samvera as a preservation system.
What does it offer- what is the future? Priorities and emphasis?
Feature list? - of Hyrax - can get from Tom Johnson and Steve Van Tuyl
"Samvera part of a preservation environment." example: Hull is working with Artefactual.
Make it clear that there is effort involved - not fair to suggest it's a turnkey solution.
Steph - from a service provider's perspective -
By Connect - have the FAQ on the website by Connect -
AI - section - take a look at costs area and address queries that have been raised
AI - Reach out to Tom and Steve re: capabilities of current Hyrax - Charlotte is reaching out
AI - Ryan will look at costs area for final language (with Steph)
Europe - Had a discussion similar regarding what Chris is looking forward to in N. America.
Practical - WG - supposed to have a fixed timeframe, this one up to Connect. To what point do we extend ourselves and how do we ask for participation for the next phase?
AI - Chris will see what people want to do beyond Connect via email -
Based upon what we've been able to do so far - What does it mean to market Samvera?
Push for Marketing a standing Committee or WG. Worthy of a group of people watching over this area of operations permanently.
Recognition that there are different audiences -
FAQ and leaflet reflect needs of different audiences in a common channel of communication. Something clearer for a description of Samvera. Make it usable for different audiences.
Flesh out different communication channels to develop them in different ways for different audiences.
One general catch-all FAQ is great - and necessary - specific FAQs for different audiences.
What's been happening at your institution? Case studies - Intro to Samvera workshop - find out what various workshop use cases are - pin down on Monday what the use cases are.
If and when the staff person becomes a reality - working group's responsibilities v. the community manager - blog post - what's happening around the community?
Could we have a Samvera blog with invited posts? Use case vs. blogs. Helps to share the fact and communicate the ideas about it.
A bit more about what's happening elsewhere.
How do we convince folks to stay with the open source open access movement?
Ask Steering for a thrust for what the next phase might be - to back up partners? -
And how can you contribute to that?
Providing slide deck - consistency of messaging - expand that idea - produce more than one PPT - decks that people can pick up what the slide is about/ choice of materials that people can draw from.
Next thing we do is working on refining messaging via the PPT development.