Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time/Place

This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and slack chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:

Attendees

  1. Danny Bernstein
  2. Peter Eichman
  3. Ben Pennell  
  4. James Silas Creel  
  5. Bethany Seeger (star)
  6. Andrew Woods
  7. Yinlin Chen
  8. Michael B. Klein
  9. Aaron Birkland

Agenda

  1. Announcements

  2. Release candidate
    1. Release Testing
    2. When to cut RC-2?
    3. Tickets and Pull Requests
      1. Close as "Will not do"? 
        1. FCREPO-2931 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      2. To work before RC-2
        1. FCREPO-2934 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      3. To defer to 5.1?
        1. FCREPO-2935 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        2. FCREPO-2936 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        3. FCREPO-2937 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        4. FCREPO-1889 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        5. FCREPO-2938 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    4. CTS

    5. Documentation
    6. Deprecations?
      1. Backup / Restore: deprecated in wiki (as of 5.0) and code (as of 4.7.1)
      2. Copy / Move: deprecated in code (as of 5.0), not in wiki
        1. FCREPO-2940 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      3. Non-Specification features
        1. Transactions
        2. Fixity service
  3. Ecosystem tools:
    1. Camel Toolbox
    2. Java Client
    3. Import Export
    4. Docker
      1. Is there a need for an "official" plain vanilla base docker image?
        Please see proposed Fedora 5 RC1 docker PR: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-docker/pull/34
  4. Forking Modeshape:  What is our plan for modeshape for LTS? 

    1. 4.7.5  vs 5.0.0?
    2. Michael B. Klein and Aaron Birkland have critical patches for running their production instance. Upgrading is a hassle as a result.
  5. <Your Discussion Point Here>
  6. Please squash a bug!

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  7. Tickets resolved this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  8. Tickets created this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

Minutes

  1. Release candidate
    1. Release Testing
      1. Should we test running with Java 11?   The thought is Java 11 is out of scope for 5.0.  We will create a ticket for it and include it in the next release. 
      2. Can someone test with Windows?  
      3. Samvera / Islandora community – is anyone there going to be able to test it?  It was talked about on the Islandora Tech call, but unsure of what was talked about.  Should touch base with Jared Whiklo and/or Daniel Lamb  to see what they're thinking, given our timeline. 
      4. Andrew to reach out to Trey Pendragon to touch base around Fedora 5 testing.  Use case for Valkerie - pushing a fully formed data set into Fedora, as described by Michael B. Klein.
      5. API-X - anyone have a chance to test it?  No one on call.  Danny Bernstein will reach out to Aaron Birkland  about it. 
      6. fcr:backup/fcr:restore - 4.7.5 data set is not expected to work with 5.0.  This section on backwards compatibility should be revisited.  We don't promise backwards compatibility for backup/restore.

        1. Danny will look at the Jetty stuff. 
      7. WebAC tests - now that we have a robust setup, we should add some tests for it to the document.  Andrew will clean up the release testing page a bit and add things like WebAC and External Content to list. 
      8. There are good tests for External Content, etc in the API Test Suite - that should be added to the Release Test sheet.  Danny Bernsteinwill look into doing that.
      9. Peter Eichman  will look at camel-toolbox and document what it will take to bring that into alignment with 5.0.   He was able to start some minimal testing based on his setup with vagrant.  
      10. Yinlin Chen can test "PostgreSQL linux" and will update the Release Test page once he does.
    2. Discussed when to cut RC-2 - more notes on that below.
    3. Tickets and Pull Requests
      1. Ticket to switch 4 - > 5 in the code, done by James Silas Creel - that should probably go into 5.0, but needs some work first  PR
      2. Close as "Will not do"? 
        1. FCREPO-2931 - Getting issue details... STATUS   - in testing agains the memento validation service, this ticket was found.   We will not do anything more with this ticket for now. 
      3. To work before RC-2
        1. FCREPO-2934 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - The end point exists, but not actually created in the repo until a memento is created.  Danny will create a PR for this.
      4. To defer to 5.1?
        1. FCREPO-2935 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        2. FCREPO-2936 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        3. FCREPO-2937 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        4. FCREPO-1889 - Getting issue details... STATUS   - this has been there a long, long time.  
        5. FCREPO-2938 - Getting issue details... STATUS   - is this easy to remove?  Still valuable to have some way for the response to indicate what the user is allowed to do in the Web UI.  Peter Eichmanhas added a comment to the ticket.  More notes on this ticket below.
        6. Are we okay with putting all of these off?   With the exception of FCREPO-2938, these tickets will not go into 5.0. 
  2. Forking Modeshape:  What is our plan for modeshape for LTS? 
    1. Michael B. Klein Modeshape project: it does look like someone is accepting pull requests on that project.  Unclear if they are cutting releases off of master. 
    2. What will we do, long-term, if the Modeshape community is being slow in responding to PRs?
    3. Aaron Birkland noted that one cannot work with Modeshape and S3 with out this patch.  
    4. What does it look like if we have a Modeshape fork? 
      1. We could have a fork that meets our needs and then move on once we remove Modeshape from the project.  It would not be a very long-term commitment to have this fork. 
      2. If we fork it and then the project seems to revive itself, we could go back to the main Modeshape code base.
      3. Who is in a position to move this forward - under fcrepo4/ in github?  Andrew Woods  has had trouble building Modeshape in the past - Michael B. Klein could contribute his initial work on this issue, but may not be able to maintain it long-term.   Aaron Birkland has never been able to build it successfully, either. He might be able to help work with this fork as well. 
  3. Release candidate

    1. APIX Testing - Aaron Birkland will try out fedora 5 with APIX and update the test page to let us know results. 
  4. Ecosystem tools:
    1. Java Client  - Ben Pennelldid some great work creating an epic of work that needs to be done here. 
    2. Docker - Yinlin Chen did some great work updating the docker image.  Check out the PR here. 
  5. revisited FCREPO-2938 - have folks written code (outside of fedora) that relies on the `<fedora:writeable>` triple? - it returns true no matter what and is an incorrect value which is misleading.  
    1. One solution that has support is removing `<fedora:writeable>` now and always having the modify display in the Web Interface.  So the interface will always look like you can edit a record, but will return an error if you can't.
    2. Long term solution would be to put the ACL information into the header and have the Web Interface use that information when it decides whether or not to render the modify controls. 
    3. Peter Eichman  will do the first part by removing the <fedora:writeable> and create a ticket for the 2nd part. The 2nd part will not go into the 5.0 release.
  6. Release date – Danny Bernstein will cut RC-2 on Monday the 19th of November. Release target would then be 3 weeks out on December 10th. 

Actions


  • No labels