Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time/Place

This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and slack chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:

Attendees

  1. Danny Bernstein
  2. Andrew Woods
  3. Aaron Birkland 
  4. Bethany Seeger (star)
  5. David Wilcox
  6. Ben Pennell

Agenda

  1. Announcements

    1. Some good reading: https://ruben.verborgh.org/blog/2018/12/28/designing-a-linked-data-developer-experience/
  2. Follow up from last meeting: 
    1. UMD is storing checks and results for fixity checks inside Fedora, it would be good to capture this process in the community documentation.
  3. 5.0.1 Release
    1. Issues: 
      1. FCREPO-2969 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      2. FCREPO-2970 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  4. 5.1.0
    1. Borderline PRs (5.1.0 or 5.0.1?)
      1. https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1501
      2. https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1502
      3. https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1465
      4. https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1499
    2. FCREPO-2937 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. FCREPO-2936 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    4. FCREPO-2935 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  5. Status of ecosystem tools:
    1. Java Client Release
    2. fcrepo-camel
    3. camel toolbox
    4. fcrepo-mint (question: is any one using it) 
  6. 4→ 5 migration and 5 → 5 support.
    1. Next steps 
     
  7. Archiving following GitHub projects (making read-only)

    1. https://github.com/fcrepo3/trippi
    2. https://github.com/fcrepo3/fcrepo-before33
    3. https://github.com/fcrepo3/fcrepo
    4. https://github.com/fcrepo3/fcrepo-historical
    5. https://github.com/fcrepo4-archive/ff-jms-solr-indexing
    6. https://github.com/fcrepo4-archive/ff-indexer-fourstore
    7. https://github.com/fcrepo4-archive/fcrepo-jruby-admin
    8. https://github.com/fcrepo4-archive/fcrepo-triplegenerators-tei
    9. https://github.com/fcrepo4-archive/fcrepo-message-consumer
  8. 2019 Priorities 
    1. Modeshape replacement
    2. OCFL
  9. Please squash a bug!

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  10. Tickets resolved this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  11. Tickets created this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

Minutes

  1. Announcements

    1. Talked about Ruben Verborgh's blog about making a front-end developers experience using linked data easier.  Might make a shift in the accessibility of linked data. 
    2. Andrew mentioned this making him rethink the JS we use in the front end of fedora. 
    3. Aaron Birkland talked about how they use plain old JSON in their Ember JS project at Johns Hopkins.  It worked well, but is very specific to their use case given how Ember JS works.  Aaron Coburn had been looking into designing a UI with a more general approach for linked data (maybe using React); not sure of where that went.  
  2. Follow up from last meeting regarding UMD fixing checks - made into an action. 
  3. 5.0.1 Release
    1. Both issues done and merged into master and 5.X
      1. FCREPO-2969 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      2. FCREPO-2970 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  4. Talked about point release process – for 5.0.1.   Closest thing we have is: Policy - Release Candidates which covers point releases.  Shorter period of testing.  For a point release - it's an acknowledgement that we know something is not right and we want to get a fix out quickly. These changes should not break any API.  Each time we do a point release, we should have a discussion of scope of fixes, what is necessary amount of testing required, versus a set process.   Point releases warrant a conversation, which might result in standard testing, but not necessarily.  
    1. What do we want to do for this release?  Aaron Birkland  thinks a light weight cycle for this one, given the tickets involved. Bethany Seeger and Ben Pennell  agree.
    2. Simple test page should be fine for 5.0.1 - tests: building source code, running all the tests on three platforms, CTS test, and the tests in the PR for the two issues.  Maybe a few of us could go through the page and do sanity testing.  
    3. Create RC for 5.0.1?  Yes, but how long would we have for public comment on it?   Danny Bernstein will create an RC for 5.0.1 today and we will test it for 1 week then release it. 
    4. Andrew Woods  - would like to put CTS test results for 5.0.0 and then 5.0.1 results on the Fedora page.  Need to figure out how to highlight the differences between tests as well as how to interpret the test results.  A top level page that makes it easy to navigate through results would be nice.  More on this below. 
    5. 4.7.X - need a separate conversation regarding release testing process on this branch
  5. CTS test results organization on web page – figuring out where to put it, repository wise: https://github.com/awoods/hosted-ontologies.  Andrew Woodswill setup the github site infrastructure and pass on to Danny Bernsteinand Bethany Seeger.   Andrew Woodswill transfer ownership of that repo to the fedora project.
  6. Status of ecosystem tools:
    1. Java Client Release - status:  what is process? Ben Pennell unsure - the client is ready for a release and can be done now.  The process has been that there isn't really a process. Since they are under 'exts' and therefore community supported, they can release when they feel it's ready. 
    2. fcrepo-camel - status: Aaron Birkland - there's a PR there. This PR makes it 5.0 ready.  Ready for review
      1. do we support 4.7 and 5.0?  Yes, we probably should make sure that 4.7 users can still use this (either via a branch or extra code to ensure it's backwards compatible). 
      2. It would be good to see how this PR behaves with 4.74 and camel tool box.  Peter Eichmanmight already be planning to test this. Ben Pennell can test it.  The process of migrating API-X to it and the camel tool box will highlight anything that's lacking and needs to be changed. 

Actions

  • Danny Bernstein to write short technical summary for the  newsletter
  • Danny Bernstein  will setup test page for 5.0.1
  • Danny Bernstein to create 5.0.1 RC
  • Bethany Seeger  will start page for CTS testing results  (matrix), to include explanation of test and results
  • Andrew Woods  will start by putting up raw HTML results for CTS now, so community can have access to them. 
  • Checking with Peter Eichmanregarding: UMD is storing checks and results for fixity checks inside Fedora, it would be good to capture this process in the community documentation.
  • Danny Bernstein will reach out to Yinlin Chen to see about a fcrepo4-docker release with the 5.0 architecture.



  • No labels