Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time/Place

This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and slack chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:

Attendees

  1. Danny Bernstein
  2. Andrew Woods 
  3. Aaron Birkland 
  4. Ben Pennell 
  5. Jared Whiklo 
  6. Yinlin Chen 
  7. Peter Eichman (star)
  8. David Wilcox

Agenda

  1. Announcements

    1. Upcoming 2019-02 Fedora Design Meeting
      1. Collecting use cases
      2. Use Cases
    2. OCFL community meeting yesterday
  2. 5.0.2 Release
  3. Status on current tools:

    1. fcrepo-java-client
      1. FCREPO-2941 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    2. fcrepo-camel 
      1. FCREPO-2965 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. fcrepo-camel-toolbox
      1. updating fcrepo-parent to 5.0.1 and other dependencies has proven to be complicated.  
        1. The current state of the work
        2. FCREPO-2787 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    4. import/export/4→5 migration
      1. 4→4 rountripping status
        1. FCREPO-2459 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      2. A starting list of Jiras
        1. FCREPO-2979 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        2. FCREPO-2980 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        3. FCREPO-2981 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        4. FCREPO-2982 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        5. FCREPO-2983 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        6. FCREPO-2984 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        7. FCREPO-2985 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  4. Revisit Next Generation Repositories: Priorities for Fedora 6
    1. Technologies: http://ngr.coar-repositories.org/technology/
    2. Behaviours: http://ngr.coar-repositories.org/behaviour/
  5. In-Review tickets:

     Click here to expand...

    T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
    Loading...
    Refresh

  6. Please squash a bug!

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  7. Tickets resolved this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  8. Tickets created this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

Minutes

  1. upcoming Fedora 6 design meeting in VA Beach
    1. goal: design that meets needs
    2. community request for use cases has gone out
      1. please refrain from brainstorming and focus on actual needs
      2. David Wilcox has been curating them
      3. community please look at them, especially ones from prior years
    3. OCFL monthly meeting yesterday (13 Feb 2019)
  2. 5.0.2 release, release manager Yinlin
    1. ready to go, pending release of artifacts and PR to 5.x maintenance branch
    2. currently running documentation generating scripts for gh-pages
  3. current tools
    1. fcrepo-java-client: FCREPO-2941 good to close? yes
    2. fcrepo-camel: FCREPO-2965 should be closed
    3. fcrepo-camel-toolbox:
      1. Peter has not had a chance to finish 4.8.0 release
      2. Danny is stuck on some issues with fcrepo-camel-toolbox parent POM for 5.0
      3. FCREPO-2787 status since PR 142 is closed without merging?
        1. PR was closed due to a build problem/conflict with multiple versions of fcrepo-camel
        2. Danny will reopen the issue with reference to parent POM fix branch
    4. import/export/4->5 migration tool:
      1. Ben working on 4->4 roundtripping (importing versions)
        1. pushed extra commits to PR for FCREPO-2459
      2. looking for existing Fedora 4 repositories with versions that can be round-trip tested
        1. Danny can make a round-trip test
        2. David will look for others in the community who might be in a position to assist
        3. fcrepo-sample-data has fcr:backup/fcr:restore datasets
      3. additional issues for import/export work, two goals:
        1. round-tripping Fedora 5
        2. migrate 4 to 5
      4. possibly put a sprint on the calendar
        1. determine interest in this among the community
        2. Aaron: keep in mind OCFL and Fedora 6
          1. Andrew: 4.7 to 6 migration?
          2. Aaron: want a general view of migration strategies
          3. not expecting API changes from 5 to 6
          4. migration should be connected to the API
        3. import/export architecture strategy:
          1. tool can round-trip for a specific (major?) version
          2. additional transform utility that transforms an export between different versions
        4. possible interest in import/export sprint: Aaron, Peter, Ben, Bethany
          1. Andrew: Texas A&M and Michigan may be interested as well
  4. Next Generation Repositories priorities
    1. beneficial if we:
      1. create a statement of support for each technology and behavior containing:
      2. Fedora's position on the item (in/out of scope)
      3. Fedora's current/future level of support
    2. David will put together a document to get that started
    3. DSpace have been working on these things as well

Actions




  • No labels