Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

Regrets

The (star) represents who will be taking notes for a given meeting. It rotates after each meeting to the next person in the attendee list.

Meeting Details

  • April 3, 2019 at 9:00 AM ET/ 13:00 UTC
  • Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/com.mem
    Or iPhone one-tap:
    US: +16468769923,7828625387# or +16699006833,7828625387#
    Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
    US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
    Meeting ID: 7828625387

Next meeting April 3, 9:00 AM ET

Goals

  • Find alignment on the plan leading up to Open Repositories 2019 in Hamburg


Background

Alignment / Decisions from last meeting

  1. We need a plan with actions, goals and associated target dates, aimed at marketing for DSpace 7
    1. Popular use cases, and how DSpace 7 improves on them, are powerful in marketing
    2. Facts that the SG endorses, are powerful in marketing
  2. We need a more general approach for DSpace Marketing on the longer term. The group did not reach agreement on whether this can be open ended, or whether this can have a finite timeline

Discussion items

Item

Who

InformationNotes

DSpace 7 Configurable Entities item type: continued discussion of best name for this feature

Heather Greer Klein

Proposed Configurable Entities Item Type Names with Pros/Cons

  • Determine if a name change is needed,
  • if so, the best name for this feature from a communications perspective

Please feel free to add, comment, edit, suggest etc. ahead of our discussion

  • Configurable entities stays as is
  • Discussed the pros and cons of changing vs keeping the name.
  • Configurable entities has been used in the community for some time
  • Mic: entities better understood as something that aligns with international guidelines
  • Entities make sense for organizations and for authors and for publications
  • More complicated to change than to keep as is
  • Makes it clear this is something more complex than an item, and that DSpace has a greater level of complexity available now.
  • Concept of configurable is valuable as well as the feature moves forward. Has an expanded use case argument.
  • Resolved to keep the name as is and as it has been used
  • Could lead the way, in that compound items are not a well understood concept.
DSpace 7 preview release updateHeather Greer Klein

Preview Release expected April 18th

Draft blog post

Potential theme for preview release

Default theme

  • Will accept changes to the document to prepare the draft, hoping to be finished on the 15th and ready for the release on the 18th. Feel free to add comments and suggestions until the 15th.
  • Mic: we discussed an international campaign with translations, suggested we add those people to the document so they can begin translating. ACTION Mic will contact the leaders of the user groups to add them to the document. Will anticipate releases being sent on the user group lists managed in Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, German.
  • Could also post the translations on the wiki and link from the English blog post
OR2019 merchandising updateCarol Minton Morris

T-shirts

Button messaging/taglines brainstorm page

Mockup of testimonial slide (to be added)

  • URL on the back because it did not fit well on the sleeve
  • Shirt shown with both large logo and logo on the pocket area
  • Mic: preference for the smaller option. Likes the idea of a phrase or tagline of some sort but nothing comes to mind. The big URL is too big
  • A button tagline could also be used on the shirt
  • Will try a version with the URL under the logo
  • Lime green looks good on the light gray
  • Still to decide if there should be a tagline on the back of the shirt
  • Deadline: good to get swag created as soon as possible, so items can get to the people who will be bringing them. Would like to put in the order on April 17th after the next marketing meeting
  • Need to be thoughtful about the tagline to make sure it is understandable and international
  • Deadline: April 17th for final T-shirt idea to be ordered. Will discuss at the next meeting

Lead DSpace 7 marketing timeline overview with updates, discussion leading up to OR 2019


  • ACTION Carol will update with new dates
  • will create and share the testimonial mockup
Discuss and assign goal owners for each of the five identified goalsBram Luyten (Atmire)
  • Will postpone until next meeting
Other


  • Mic: want to share that the German dSPACE company is expected to contact Erin. There is no guarantee that we will lose this name. We will know more about this after they talk to Erin. This group should think about the scenarios.
  • There was a discussion about the Fedora project with Red Hat and "Fedora Repository" was allowed to move forward. Something like this could also happen where we agree to use DSpace Repository. Could also link to each other and cross brand
  • From David for the next agenda: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_UQjWgFoArVvckI9wJ1uDahSpWbO6Vp1MVvd723hAcs/edit?usp=sharing

Action items from this meeting

Item

Who




Action items from previous meetings

Item

Who

add, suggest, and try to work to consensus on a term: Configurable Entities Item Type Names with Pros/ConsFull group
Put together a simple mockup of a DSpace 7 excitement testimonial slide/postcard to share with potential testimonial givers
Start a page for DSpace 7 on dspace.org (/dspace-7) to be ready when preview release is ready
Continue work on the preview blog post and include the suggestions made on the docHeather Greer Klein
Draft tabular comparison of DSpace with other technologies - campaign for Goal 4, but also contributes to other goals.David Corbly
  • No labels

1 Comment

  1. I will very likely not be able to attend the Apr 3rd meeting (tomorrow), my apologies!

    Bram