from 14:00-15:00 UTC
Location: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- Preview 1 Release Status (Goal is May 3 or 6). Where do we sit?
- OR2019 Planning
- Preview 2 Release at end of May. Which features should fit in that release?
- Theming/Branding strategy, One Webapp refactor, Solr upgrade process.
- Preview 2 Release at end of May. Which features should fit in that release?
- Improved Estimation Strategy for Beta release. (Estimates should include time for discussion / code reviews, also should be done by multiple developers)
- (15 mins) Planning for next week
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Next tasks from Development Planning Spreadsheet
Art Lowel (Atmire) - apologize
Tim Donohue - apologize
Heather Greer Klein - apologize
Lieven Droogmans - apologize
- Mark H. Wood - apologize
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman - apologize
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker - apologize
- Chris Wilper - apologize
- Terry Brady - apologize
- Pablo Prieto - apologize
- Paulo Graça
Tickets / PRs In Progress
- (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
- (REST) Updating Owning Collections: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2283 (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
- (REST) Item Mapper functionality: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2282 (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
PRs Needing Review
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Waiting on updates from Ben Bosman ) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management:
- (REST Contract) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/57 (Mark H. Wood - ., Paulo Graça - , Andrea Bollini (4Science) - changes requested) - discussed today Paulo Graçawill double check the latest comments from Andrea Bollini (4Science), it looks reasonable to postpone PUT discussion to a separate PR if disagreement cannot be solved quickly
- (REST) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2376 (Tom Desair reviewed, Paulo Graça - approved, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - awaiting a second review)
- (REST) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2414 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) , Paulo Graça )
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2418 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) small changes requested, Paulo Graça) (REST) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display)
- (REST) Refactor PatchBadRequestException to DSpaceBadRequestException and fix improper 500 response errors: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2403 (Needs updates - conflict to solve Andrea Bollini (4Science) review done)
- (Angular) Transfer to .po message format - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/366 (Paulo Graça, Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) UPDATED. NEEDS RE-REVIEW → Preview 2)
- (Angular) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/372 ( Paulo Graça - . Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) , Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) - retested, looks fine)
- (Angular) Preview release theme: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/376 (Tim Donohue - Will be merged into a "preview" branch )
- (Angular) Preview release theme, extended for entities: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/389 (Tim Donohue - Will be merged into a "preview" branch )
- https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/384) (Art Lowel (Atmire) , Paulo Graça - NEEDS RE-REVIEW Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) REPLIED TO REVIEW, NEEDS FINAL APPROVAL) (Angular) MyDSpace UI (
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - information added, Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- (Backend) One Webapp Backend - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2265 (Ben Bosman , Mark H. Wood , Terry Brady )
- This PR will have a follow-up PR to rename the "dspace-spring-rest" webapp to "dspace-server" and update all URL configurations
- (Backend) Upgrading to Handle Server v9: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2394 (Mark H. Wood)
- (Backend) Our extensive EHCache configuration is ignored: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2397 (Terry Brady )
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Tim Donohue, Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire)) (REST) Pagination issues on Items findAll -
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST) Update to Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2409
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2411 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) , Tim Donohue ) (REST) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display):
- (Angular) Move Item Component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/335
- Blocked by DSpace PR#2283
- (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/348
- Blocked by DSpace PR#2282
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.
Priorities for Preview Release
As discussed in previous DSpace 7 meetings, our DSpace 7 Preview release is aimed for early May, followed by a Preview #2 in May (before OR2019). The top priorities for the Preview Release are (in this order):
- Submission & Workflow UI / backend
- Configurable Entities (from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group)
- Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace (not required for Preview, as there's no user facing features. However, the earlier we feel comfortable merging this effort the better)
Priorities for OR2019 revolve around features or needs that we want to show off in Workshops/Presentations. These include
- Finalizing theming/branding strategy for new UI
- DSpace Backend as One Webapp
- Finalizing (as much as reasonable) the upgrade process (including Solr, Handle Server, etc)