Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Next »

Date

 from 14:00-15:00 UTC

Location: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).

Agenda

  • (15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).

    • Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
    • Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
  • (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
    1. Preview 1 Release Status (Goal is May 3 or 6). Where do we sit?
    2. OR2019 Planning
      1. Preview 2 Release at end of May.  Which features should fit in that release?
        1. Theming/Branding strategy, One Webapp refactor, Solr upgrade process.
    3. Improved Estimation Strategy for Beta release. (Estimates should include time for discussion / code reviews, also should be done by multiple developers)
      1. Development Planning Spreadsheet needs to be updated, so that we can determine what (outstanding) tasks need estimation.
  • (15 mins) Planning for next week

Attendees

Current Work

Legend for status icons

(blue star) = Highest Priority tasks (please prioritize these reviews/tasks over others). Currently this lists tasks/features that need to be completed for Preview Release.

(star) = Priority for OR2019 (Preview #2 Release).

(error) = review done (this week), changes were requested.

(tick) = review done, approved.

(warning) = review done, merge conflict or other minor changes requests

Tickets / PRs In Progress

  1. (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI  https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
  2. (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman  - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
  3. (REST) Updating Owning Collections: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2283 (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire)  - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
  4. (REST) Item Mapper functionality: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2282  (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire)  - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)

PRs Needing Review

  1. (warning) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Waiting on updates from Ben Bosman )
  2. (blue star) (REST Contract) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/57 (Mark H. Wood - approved., Paulo Graça  - approved, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - changes requested)
  3. (blue star) (REST) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display):  https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2376 (Tom Desair reviewed, Paulo Graça - approved, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - awaiting a second review)
  4. (blue star) (REST) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2411 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) , Tim Donohue (tick) )
  5. (REST) Refactor PatchBadRequestException to DSpaceBadRequestException and fix improper 500 response errors: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2403 (Needs updates - conflict to solve Andrea Bollini (4Science) review done)
  6. (star) (Angular) Transfer to .po message format - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/366 (Paulo Graça,  Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire)  UPDATED. NEEDS RE-REVIEW → Preview 2)
  7. (blue star) (Angular) Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/372 ( Paulo Graça - approved. Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)  RE-REVIEW, Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) - retested, looks fine)
  8. (Angular) Preview release theme: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/376 (Tim Donohue  - Will be merged into a "preview" branch )
  9. (Angular) Preview release theme, extended for entities: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/389 (Tim Donohue - Will be merged into a "preview" branch )
  10. (blue star) (warning) (Angular) MyDSpace UI (https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/384) (Art Lowel (Atmire) , Paulo Graça - NEEDS RE-REVIEW  Tim DonohueGiuseppe Digilio (4Science) REPLIED TO REVIEW, NEEDS FINAL APPROVAL)
  11. (warning) (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - information added, Art Lowel (Atmire) )
  12. (star) (Backend) One Webapp Backend - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2265 (Ben Bosman , (tick)Mark H. Wood , (tick)Terry Brady )
    1. This PR will have a follow-up PR to rename the "dspace-spring-rest" webapp to "dspace-server" and update all URL configurations
  13. (star) (Backend) Upgrading to Handle Server v9: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2394 (Mark H. Wood)
  14. (star) (Backend) Our extensive EHCache configuration is ignored: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2397 (Terry Brady
  15. (star) (REST) Pagination issues on Items findAll - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Tim DonohueKevin Van de Velde (Atmire))

PRs Merged this week!

  1. (tick) (REST) Update to Configurable Entities (Part 1 - Architecture & Display): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2409

BLOCKED

  1. (Angular) Move Item Component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/335
    1. Blocked by DSpace PR#2283
  2. (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper:  https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/348
    1. Blocked by DSpace PR#2282

Delayed

  1. (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
    1. Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior.  Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata.  Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.  
    2. Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question.  May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
    3. Timeline for this is uncertain.  Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
  2. (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
  3. Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8).  What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object?  Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
    1. We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
    2. ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
    3. ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs.  Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.

Priorities for Preview Release

As discussed in previous DSpace 7 meetings, our DSpace 7 Preview release is aimed for end of April, followed by a Preview #2 in May (before OR2019).  The top priorities for the Preview Release are (in this order):

  1. Submission & Workflow UI / backend
  2. Configurable Entities (from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group)
  3. Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace (not required for Preview, as there's no user facing features. However, the earlier we feel comfortable merging this effort the better)

Notes


  • No labels