This Confluence wiki site, maintained by DuraSpace prior to the recent merger with LYRASIS, will transition from the duraspace.org domain to the lyrasis.org domain on Saturday, Nov 16 beginning at approximately 7pm ET. A period of downtime of 2-3 hours is expected. After the transition, this wiki will be available at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/. All links to duraspace.org wiki pages will be redirected to the correct lyrasis.org URL. If you have questions prior to or following the transition please contact: wikihelp@lyrasis.org.

Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date & Location

 at 15:00 UTC (11:00am EST)


Location:

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:  https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace  (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040)

Additional connection info available on DSpace Meeting Room page.

Attendees

Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.

Agenda

#TimeItemInformationWho
15 minsBrief overview of how OR2019 wentWe're back from OR2019.  Quick summary of how things went & feedback heard there.Tim
210 mins

Metadata Schemas for Entities (schema.org)

Before OR2019, we talked about using schema.org

  1. https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4223 (Default schemas)
  2. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2443
  3. https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/420

Also, the problem of where to store ORCIDs.  There's currently no field in schema.org that aligns well with ORCID

Lieven
325 minSubmission form (submission-forms.xml) changes to support EntitiesLieven
410mins OpenAIRE v4 overviewOverview of upcoming OpenAIREv4 workPaulo
410minsWrap-up and Next Meeting Reminder
  • Meeting frequency:  Weekly or every other week?
  • Tim will report back meeting outcomes in weekly DSpace 7 Working Group meetings.
Heather

Current Work

Tickets to Resolve

PRs Needing Review

  1. (REST Contract) (Entities) PUT contract in relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/60 (Tim Donohue , Paulo Graça (seleção) )
  2. (REST) (Entities) PUT contract in relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2440 (related to Contract PR#60) (Paulo Graça (tick)Tim Donohue )
  3. (NEW) (REST) (Entities) DS-4223 Metadata Schemas for configurable entities https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2443 (Paulo Graça , Mark H. Wood )
  4. (NEW) (REST) (Entities) DS-4244 Add configurable entities unit tests https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2446
  5. (Angular) (Entities) Deleting relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402 (Paulo Graça - changes requested, Tim Donohue )
  6. (NEW) (Angular) (Entities) DS-4223 Metadata Schemas for configurable entities https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/420 (Paulo Graça )

Priorities

This list was voted on in the meeting on May 23, 2019 (just before OR2019).  The prioritization below may change, but it gives a high level overview of what still needs to be done.

  1. (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Fernando, Jose, Mark, Oliver, Paulo) Submission integration (creating Entities & relations using the Item submission process) - Mockups already created by Paulo previously.
  2. (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Jose, Oliver, Paulo) Which metadata fields should be used for each Entity type. (DS-4223).
  3. (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Mark) Additional data for relations (essentially "metadata" or labels on relations) - Related to many other features / use cases. 
  4. (Oliver, Paulo) Author name variants - Not currently implemented
  5. (Jose) Configuration of batch import (via CSV) for Entities - Already a CSV import available, but can only link entities in CSV to existing entities (in the system). Need to decide how to represent relations in CSV.
  6. (Mark) Permissions on Relations (who has permissions to add/modify/delete relations) - Currently, if you have Edit permissions on the Entity, then you can edit/delete any relationships to/from that Entity.
  7. (Fernando) Deleting objects with Relations (How or should deletion propagate between closely related objects, e.g. delete entire Journal) - Currently, deleting a relation just decouples the two Entities.  E.g. If you delete a Person entity, that Person may no longer be listed on any Publications it is linked to (may want to copy info over after deletion).
    1. Relates to GDPR
  8. (Alexander) AIP Backup & Restore (of Entities)*
  9. Dynamic display of Relations - determine automatically how a list of entities displayed on an Item page (list vs search). Currently hardcoded based on entity type (in item page template). Want to make it configurable/dynamic.
  10. SWORD integration (submission of Entities via SWORD) - Uses same format as AIP. Once AIP is implemented, SWORD should be easy.
  11. OpenAIRE v4 implementation using Entities* - Brought up in Steering.  Possibly just an OAI-PMH configuration which maps Entity metadata fields to OpenAIRE v4
  12. ORCID integration with Entities (for Person Entities).
  13. Best Practices around Entities in Collections.  We've suggested in the Preview Release to structure Collections based on Entity Type (Person Collection, Projects Collection, etc).  We should better document and formalize these best practices.  Can we hide these Collections which only serve to store Entity Type.

Notes

OR2019

  • Feedback was resoundingly positive, during presentations and in between. People are very excited about the release and about Configurable Entities as a feature. Several people who mentioned this feature is exciting for competing with proprietary systems and newer open source systems. Very good conference and great DSpace presence. 

Metadata Schemas for Entities (schema.org)

  • See above pull requests related to this work. 
  • ORCHiD support request above, Tim will reach out to find out if there has been any progress. 

Submission of Entities

  • Will require updates to the default DSpace 7 submission-forms.xml configuration. For example, these are not normal "fields" but we'd be defining relations  between entities
  • Suggestion to update submission.forms.xml to have two types of fields

OpenAIRE 4.0

  • Working to make DSpace 7 compliant out of the box
  • DSpace and OpenAIRE signed an MOU to deliver this compliance
  • Paulo will lead this effort via a working group; have waited until the right phase of DSpace 7 development
  • There is a proposed methodology and resources to make this work happen, and a draft work plan with 4 phases. 
  • Important to discuss this work 10-15 minutes as part of the Configurable Entities Working Group, to ensure work is coordinated, but also have additional meetings as needed.

Tim suggests we make this a weekly meeting for the near term. Next meeting will be June 25th.

Action Items

Any assigned actions will appear here, along with details of who they are assigned to.



  • No labels