- new-theme-source (This directory holds the new theme's source code)
- dspace-src/dspace/modules/xmlui/src/main/webapp/themes/theme-dir (This will be the new location for the theme's source)
- If you are installing a brand new theme that is not distributed with Manakin then preform the following operations, otherwise skip to the next step.
- Open Manakin's configuration file, dspace/config/xmlui.xconf, scroll to the bottom and locate the
- Add a new tag
<theme>element inside the
<themes>element as below:
<theme name="My new theme" path="theme-dir">
- If you wish to install this theme onto a particular community or collection then modify the new
<theme name="My new theme" handle="123/1" path="theme-dir"
- If you wish to install this theme as the default theme then modify your new
<theme>tag (make sure this tag is the last theme defined):
<theme name="My new theme" regex=".*" path="theme-dir">
- Other Example
regex="^$"(Theme for homepage ONLY)
regex="^browse$"(Theme for all global "Browse By" pages)
regex="community-list"(Theme for Community Listing page)
- Restart Tomcat (See Quick Restart in Rebuild DSpace)
- Themes are evaluated in the order they appear in the xmlui.xconf file. Thus, if the default theme is defined before any other themes then no other themes will be used.