I also work for WindMusic where DSpace will manage bibliographic records and music sheets/records descriptions in DSpace.
My current developments are about integrating SKOS Thesauri and Authority Lists in DSpace in order to parameterize:
- Communities and Collections (multilingual names and descriptions)
- Metadata Fields Definitions (multilingual names and supplementary validation parameters: SKOS controlled vocabularies, numbers, e-mail, URI, etc. Allowed languages list)
- Metadata Values:
- Display and Edit form completely parameterized
- Content normalized with SKOS concepts codes
- Indexation expanded using preferred terms, synonyms, translations, broader concepts
- General Word searches on preferred terms, synonyms and translations
- Specific searches on concept codes (exact or including narrowers)
- Result Sorting
The source for SKOS data can be:
- XML files
- SQL databases (SELECT requests can be defined to assemble SKOS data from any SQL database server around)
- Static loading at startup time
- Dynamic (and cached) loading for big Concept Schemes
- CSV files (managed using Excel for instance)
The current result can be seen on WindMusic.
Tests will be done at Poison Centre with the MeSH (with and without the 200 thousands supplementary chemical records) on a basic server (2 Go RAM).
My contact details are on the Destin site.
Good luck with DSpace!