Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, February 12, 2014

Agenda

Regular Items

  • "JIRA Backlog Hour" : Every Weds at 19:00UTC in #dspace IRC we will be working together to tackle our JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets. This regular meeting will continue until we've been able to catch up on our backlog.

Discussion Topics

  1. DSpace 4.1 status update - Where do we stand? Any closer to a release?
    1. Unresolved tickets marked for 4.1 release
    2. Should we consider  DS-1596 - Getting issue details... STATUS  for 4.1?  It's not critical, so it could wait for 5.0 if needed.
    3. What about  DS-1907 - Getting issue details... STATUS  for 4.1?
  2. Google Summer of Code
    1. Last chance decision: Should we put in an application? Deadline is FRIDAY (Feb 14)
    2. Project ideas / Mentor volunteers: DSpace Summer of Code Ideas
  3. Streaming Feature Discussion (starring Kim Shepherd)
    1. Kim & Hardy have been talking about this - aimed for 5.0 obviously.
  4. Other topics to bring up for discussion? Possible recent discussions/to-do's:
    1. "Let's talk about Features" Meeting idea (3rd meeting per month) starting in Feb.  We probably should announce this in early Feb.
    2. A Release Schedule Template
    3. "Requiring Documentation before a PR can be merged". See: New Contribution Template
  5. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?
    • Larger DSpace projects which seem to have a lot of recent support:
      • Moving towards a Common "Business Logic" / Business Services API. (I.e. avoiding duplication of business logic in all UIs)
      • Metadata For All (i.e. metadata on all objects), SubTopic: Getting us up-to-date how we use Dublin Core / DCMI. (Support from DCAT)
      • AuthN & AuthZ issues, including: DS-1566 and developer meeting on May 2, 2012
    • Other DSpace projects receiving mention recently

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels