Today's Meeting Times
Reminder: Submit a talk on your "cool tools, daring demos, fab features" for the Open Repositories 2015 "Developer Track"! Proposals are due by March 13.
- DSpace 5.1 status updates
- Google Summer of Code 2015 final call
- Organization applications are due Fri. Any major interest brewing?
- Other topics?
- - DS-2433Getting issue details... STATUS Confirm that the separation is a good idea. Is the proposed naming clear?
- There are several nice package builders to support batch ingestion, but none "in the box". Should we try to adopt one? Which one? What would be our selection criteria?
DS-2453Getting issue details...
- This topic was discussed on Feb 11 - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2015-02-11
- Looking beyond DSpace 5, what sort of UI(s) would we want for the future?
- The new DSpace Steering Group has noted that it seems unsustainable to maintain two UIs forever.
- Both our UIs are rather dated platforms (JSPUI = base code is 13+ years old, XMLUI = 7+ years old). There are lots of newer, easier to user Java and non-Java UI platforms.
- Brainstorms on a Future UI is the beginning of some very rough ideas of what UI platforms exist out there, and what is important to us in a UI. None of this is "set in stone", and it's all just a brainstorm on "If we had to choose again now, what do we feel is the best UI platform to help DSpace remain a relevant, vibrant project for 5-10 more years."
Full IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2015-02-18
(Action items go here, if any)