Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, Feb 18, 2015

Today's Meeting Times

Agenda

Reminder:  Submit a talk on your "cool tools, daring demos, fab features" for the Open Repositories 2015 "Developer Track"!  Proposals are due by March 13.

Discussion Topics

  1. DSpace 5.1 status updates
    1. DS-2421 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  2. Google Summer of Code 2015 final call
    1. Organization applications are due Fri. Any major interest brewing?
  3. Other topics?
    1. DS-2433 - Getting issue details... STATUS  Confirm that the separation is a good idea. Is the proposed naming clear?
    2. There are several nice package builders to support batch ingestion, but none "in the box".  Should we try to adopt one?  Which one?  What would be our selection criteria? DS-2453 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. This topic was discussed on Feb 11 - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2015-02-11

Ongoing Discussions

  • Looking beyond DSpace 5, what sort of UI(s) would we want for the future? 
    1. The new DSpace Steering Group has noted that it seems unsustainable to maintain two UIs forever.
    2. Both our UIs are rather dated platforms (JSPUI = base code is 13+ years old, XMLUI = 7+ years old). There are lots of newer, easier to user Java and non-Java UI platforms.
    3. Brainstorms on a Future UI is the beginning of some very rough ideas of what UI platforms exist out there, and what is important to us in a UI.  None of this is "set in stone", and it's all just a brainstorm on "If we had to choose again now, what do we feel is the best UI platform to help DSpace remain a relevant, vibrant project for 5-10 more years."

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

 

  • No labels