This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and IRC chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:
- Time: 11:00am Eastern Standard Time US (UTC-5)
- U.S.A/Canada toll free: 866-740-1260, participant code: 2257295
- International toll free: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- Use the above link and input 2257295 and the country you are calling from to get your country's toll-free dial-in number
- Once on the call, enter participant code 2257295
- Join the #duraspace-ff chat room via Freenode Web IRC (enter a unique nick)
- Or point your IRC client to #duraspace-ff on irc.freenode.net
- Unknown User (acoburn)
- Michael Durbin
- A. Soroka
- Yinlin Chen
- Jared Whiklo
- Fedora 3 to 4 Upgration
- Non-container LDP RDF Sources, and handling triples about non-repository subjects (see - FCREPO-1361Getting issue details... STATUS )
- New JIRA tickets
Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
- Skipped for lack of Islandora representatives.
- Michael Durbin: In discussion with Benjamin Armintor about Columbia's migration. Hope to learn from the experience and integrate any Columbia-sourced work into the migration tools. Tickets proceeding apace.
- Summary by Unknown User (firstname.lastname@example.org) and A. Soroka. Three issues at play:
- - FCREPO-1396Getting issue details... STATUS : non-LDPC LDPRs: Use cases and request were made for this by Aaron Birkland and much discussion ensued on the mailing list. Andrew Woods put the question to a committer vote, whereupon A. Soroka unleashed a veto. Now use cases are being presented and vigorously discussed, with some resolution expected soon.
FCREPO-1361Getting issue details...
: Arbitrary-subject triples: Mostly motivated by use cases from Aaron Birkland and Tom Johnson around managing named graphs containing arbitrary triples. General agreement that much more discussion is needed to clarify the intent and scope of this kind of change. Some community RDF/linked data experts (e.g. Rob Sanderson) have opined against this.
- Jared Whiklo: The triplestore was externalized in Fedora 4 because there are better triplestores out there.
- Server-managed triples: This is the desire to let clients of the repository control whether or not server-managed triples are in play for a given resource. There was general, if quiet, agreement that this seems like a good change to make.
- Current tickets:
- A. Soroka: Java 8 related tickets: Work on Java 8 is proceeding with caution and can be tracked here: - FCREPO-1399Getting issue details... STATUS Current expectation is that Java 8 migration will take place later this spring.
- Michael Durbin: Migration-related ticket - FCREPO-1395Getting issue details... STATUS already mentioned as on plate.