Workshop/training materials available
Update June 2017: A DSpace Angular UI workshop was held at OR2017. This workshop provided an basic overview of the Angular framework, along with hands-on exercises for all attendees. All workshop materials are available online at: OR2017 DSpace Angular Workshop.
The UI works with the DSpace REST API to access and modify data. It relies on RxJS to manage control flow which is driven by the (asynchronous) communication between the two applications The @ngrx package helps maintain a predictable state representation.
The new UI uses Angular Universal to render initial page requests on the server side, which greatly improves the initial page load time. As a nice benefit, search engines requesting pages do not have to deal with client side page rendering. Crawlers working through a list of URLs will always be presented with a page rendered on the server.
Npm stands for Node Package Manager. In fact installation instruction for the user interface at GitHub essentially consist of the command 'npm install', followed by 'npm start' to start a local server.
- explains the rationale for using typescript in more detail
- live in-browser editor/samples. for the TypeScript language includes links to sample code, as well as a
- Official Angular.io site - with documentation, quick start, and API references, and a style guide
- Angular @ GitHub - code base and place to submit issues
- Getting Started Video Tutorial by Deborah Kurata
- Angular Blog - updates and blog posts from the Angular team.
- Angular Forum - Google Discussion Group
- Scotch.io - article collection and HowTos
@ngrx is an implementation of Redux for Angular 2. The main Redux documentation describes the general concepts. Angular 2 — Introduction to Redux is an Angular specific how to. Getting Started with Redux is a 2h video course on egghead
ngx-translate - supports multilingual text display
Node.js and Npm
- Official Angular Universal Site
- Here‘s a high level explanation
- Universal GitHub - with documentation and a few videos
- William Stanley Welling has a test project to experiment with Angular Universal.