Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, January 4, 2017

 

Today's Meeting Times

  • DSpace Developers Meeting / Backlog Hour: 20:00 UTC in #duraspace IRC

Agenda

Discussion Topics

  1. DSpace 6.0 updates / recent issues  (Please add any you want discussed.)
    1. DS-3435 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    2. DS-3425 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. DS-3418 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    4. DS-3410 - Getting issue details... STATUS  
    5. DS-3409 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    6. DS-3406 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    7. DS-3389 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    8. DS-3381 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    9. DS-3367 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    10. DS-3348 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    11. DS-3334 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    12. DS-3283 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    13. DS-3282 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    14. DS-3108 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    15. DS-2952 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    16. DS-3436 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  2. Any other news / updates to share?
  3. DSpace 7.0 updates
    1. NEXT DSpace 7 UI MEETING: Thursday, January 12 at 15:00 UTC (Angular2 Mtg) and 16:00 UTC (REST Mtg)
    2. Any objections to merging this soon?  DS-3422 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. In order to allow us to refactor/upgrade our "dspace-api" and REST API to latest Spring and/or Hibernate, we MUST first remove XMLUI. Currently, Apache Cocoon has forced us to run an outdated version of Spring, which has forced us to run an outdated version of Hibernate. See this comment in our Parent POM: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/pom.xml#L32
    3. Call for participation in DSpace 7 (Angular and/or REST teams) will be coming in January.  Keep an eye on the lists if you or your institution want to get involved!
    4. Suggestions to create a DSpace Slack organization (with subchannels for DSpace 7 work, as well as other topics). IRC has been sparsely attended as of late, and Slack seems to be used widely across most organizations (or for other projects).
    5. DSpace 7 Working Group - Watch this page for initial ongoing updates on meetings, etc.
  4. Reviewing JIRA Tickets or PRs
    1. Please feel free to bring any that need eyes / immediate discussion
    2. JIRA Backlog of "Received" ticket
    3. All open PRs

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)