Last updated: 7/13/2018
- Surveyed existing linked open data efforts in the library and geospatial domains (Aug. 2016).
- Held a 2-day in-person Cartographic Materials Working Group ontology sprint modeling meeting, Harvard Library, Sept. 19-20, 2016.
- Compiled initial set of target use cases for cartographic metadata (Nov. 2016).
- Finished draft models for prioritized Geospatial and Cartographic Resources Ontology concept extension areas:
- Created Geospatial and Cartographic Resources Ontology (GCRO) OWL file
Linked Open Data Modeling for Library Cartographic Resources (Kimberly Durante, Katherine Hart Weimer and Marc McGee; poster for American Association of Geographers Annual Meeting, April 2016)
Geoinformation in Digital Libraries and Linked Data (Katherine Hart Weimer; presentation for Aplace4places, DH2016 pre-conference workshop, July 2016)
Linked Data Description of Cartographic Resources (Marc McGee, ALCTS Webinar, May 2, 2018) [slides]
LD4P + LD4L Labs projects for geospatial and cartographic resources + moving image materials at Harvard (Marc McGee and Christine Fernsebner Eslao; presentation for IGELU-ELUNA Linked Open Data Working Group Show & Tell, July 10, 2018) [slides]
ALCTS-CaMMS MAGIRT Cartographic Resources Cataloging Interest Group meeting
Project updates ALA Annual 2016, 2017, 2018
Project updates ALA Midwinter 2017, 2018
Toward a Linked Data Model for Describing Cartographic Resources [article] (Marc McGee, Harvard Library, Kim Durante, Stanford University, and Katherine Hart Weimer, Rice University, Journal of Map and Geography Libraries, May 11, 2017)
See Harvard LD4P wiki for more documents