Scope & Objectives
The goal of this working group is to create a new, single UI for DSpace that implements all functionality currently available in JSPUI and XMLUI. The interface will interact with DSpace core data through the REST API to insure complete separation of the user layer from the data layer. It will be built as a modern responsive client side web application using Angular 2.
Implementation of the interface and the REST API with code delivered on GitHub along with documentation on how to use, install, and extend the interface.
REST API: Java
Angular Subteam is facilitated by Art Lowel (Atmire)
REST API Subteam is facilitated by Andrea Bollini (4Science)
Angular UI Code
Meeting Times & Communication Channels
- Meetings: We meet every week on Thurs at 16:00UTC (11am EST), alternating (every other week) between text chat meetings (on Slack) and conference call meetings. Anyone is welcome to join these meetings.
- Slack: Between meetings, we encourage usage of Slack to keep in touch and ask questions. If you have not yet joined the DSpace Slack (https://dspace-org.slack.com) , you may request an invite. All are welcome on Slack.
- Email: We use standard DSpace lists to communicate updates, meetings, etc. Early on, we are primarily using dspace-devel (our developers mailing list) and Slack for these communications. Once we get further along, regular updates will also be announced on dspace-community (and other lists).
The facilitator for the Angular 2 UI subteam is: Art Lowel (Atmire)
The facilitator for the new REST API subteam is: Andrea Bollini (4Science) (4Science)
February 16 from 16:00-17:00 UTC (11am-12pm ET) in Slack. If you have not yet joined us on Slack, please request an invite.
- First 1/2 hour will be on Angular UI updates
- Second 1/2 hour will be on REST API updates