Scope & Objectives
This group will take the requirements specifications that were outcomes of the Display Sets Working Group and create mockups for UI implementation of Collections.
This group should be comprised of a balance of members from multiple institutions and varying use cases. Members should have UI design skills and experience with the Sufia/CurationConcerns/Hyrax UI. Members need to be able to commit to the following deliverables and timeframe.
Deliverables & Timeframe
Deliverables will include:
Primary deliverables for this instance of the working group.
Mockups for Collections - See List of required mockups for Collections produced by Display Sets Working Group (NOTE: Under construction at the time of this writing.)
Documents will be delivered via the Hydra wiki. Feedback will be solicited through hydra-tech list and Hydra Tech Calls.
The group will begin meeting in mid to late April 2017. The group's sunset date is anticipated to by June 30st, 2017.
Meeting Times & Communication Channels
A regular schedule for meetings will be set using Doodle once the membership is established. The initial plan will be to hold calls weekly at a time to be determined.
We will use the dedicated (not private, but topic-specific) display_sets Slack channel in the Project Hydra team for asynchronous communication. This should help us keep discussions focused and on topic:
Meetings will take place on Zoom
Meeting notes recording action items and provisional decisions will be in the Hydra wiki
Slack channel: https://project-hydra.slack.com/messages/display_sets/
- 2017-06-12 AdminSets as type of Collection (Con't)
- 2017-06-05 AdminSets as type of Collection
- 2017-05-22 Review mockups - Collections, Works
- 2017-05-16 Review of Initial Mockup Plan
- 2017-05-04 Initial Meeting of UI/UX for Collections WG
Note that to be a member of a Working Group, you must have have a CLA in place if you are committing code (not anticipated for Phase 1) and you must consent to release documentation under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Membership will be capped at (5) in order to keep scheduling and organization manageable.
Facilitator: Lynette Rayle (Cornell)
UI/UX Designer that will create mockups
- Gary Geisler (Stanford University)
- your name here (institution)
UI oriented developers to review mockups and provide feedback
- Aaron Collier (California State University)
- Jamie Little (Data Curation Experts)
- Hannah Frost (Stanford University)
- Nabeela Jaffer (University of Michigan)
Requirement Documents From Display Sets Working Group
- Display Sets Working Group
- List of required mockups for Collections - lists expected mockups
- Requirements - Admin Sets vs. Display Sets vs. User Collections - compares various existing methods of grouping and proposed ecosystem of all grouping methods that includes Display Sets
- Requirements - Display Sets - specific to Display Sets only
- User Personas for Display Sets
- Use Cases for Display Sets
Related Documents preceding the Display Sets Working Group
The following documents have made efforts to explore of issues related to various groupings of resources including Collections, Admin Sets, and Use Cases.
Other reference docs that may be of use.
- Required Feature Matrix (DSpace/Hydra Interest Group) - Includes discussion of collection/admin set nesting in the comments.
- HydraNorth Collection Specs for Hydra Community - Nesting similar to the needs of DSpace.
- Administrative Sets - Hydramata's implementation of Admin Sets and User Collections
- Hydra-in-a-Box UI Mockup - Admin Sets
- CurateND implementation of LibraryCollections