Scope & Objectives
The goal of this working group is to create a new, single UI for DSpace that implements all functionality currently available in JSPUI and XMLUI. The interface will interact with DSpace core data through the REST API to insure complete separation of the user layer from the data layer. It will be built as a modern responsive client side web application using Angular 2.
Implementation of the interface and the REST API with code delivered on GitHub along with documentation on how to use, install, and extend the interface.
REST API: Java
Angular Subteam is facilitated by Art Lowel (Atmire)
REST API Subteam is facilitated by Andrea Bollini (4Science)
Angular UI Code
REST Technology / Code
Meeting Times & Communication Channels
- Meetings: We meet every week on Thurs at 16:00UTC (11am EST), alternating (every other week) between text chat meetings (on Slack) and Google Hangouts. Anyone is welcome to join these meetings.
- Upcoming schedule can be found on the DuraSpace Public Events Calendar (iCal, RSS Feed)
- Meetings typically last only one hour (first 1/2 hour concentrates on Angular UI updates/discussion, and the second 1/2 hour on REST API).
- Meeting notes are all available below.
- Google Hangouts: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/atmire.com/dspace7. Please be aware our Google Hangouts attendee limit is 25 individuals. If you have a larger team that wishes to attend, we ask that you consider calling in together (e.g. from a shared conference room).
- Slack: Between meetings, we encourage usage of Slack to keep in touch and ask questions. If you have not yet joined the DSpace Slack, you may request an invite. All are welcome on Slack.
- Email: We use standard DSpace lists to communicate updates, meetings, etc. Early on, we are primarily using dspace-devel (our developers mailing list) and Slack for these communications. Once we get further along, regular updates will also be announced on dspace-community (and other lists).
The facilitator for the Angular 2 UI subteam is: Art Lowel (Atmire)
The facilitator for the new REST API subteam is: Andrea Bollini (4Science) (4Science)
Thursday, March 2 from 16:00-17:00 UTC (11am-12pm ET) in DSpace Slack (#angular-ui and #rest-api)
- First 1/2 hour will be on Angular UI updates
- Second 1/2 hour will be on REST API updates