Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Angular meeting

Attendees

Notes

  • Waffle board: https://waffle.io/DSpace/dspace-angular

  • Mergeable PRs:

  • Collection Homepage work: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/63
  • Full Item Page: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/100
    • Reviewed by Art. Looks good
    • Tim Donohue to give it a quick review & test
  • Art working on hooking up Angular UI to the REST API Demo: http://dspace7.4science.it/dspace-spring-rest/
    • Some minor fixes necessary in how the demo returns embedded content vs how it was expected in mockups
    • Items also don't yet have a Collection relationship (other than their owning collection)
    • Also need more feedback from REST API team on how Bundles will be treated (currently do not exist in REST API). See  DS-3490 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • Not a blocker yet, but needs feedback from Andrea Bollini (4Science).  Currently have a workaround in place in Angular UI for 3490
      • Currently no way to determine which thumbnail to display, as it's dependent on "primary bitstream" concept, which is part of Bundle
  • Waffle board review. The "Ready" tasks are up-to-date and ordered by priority
  • Angular 4 upgrade
    • We've delayed this a bit, waiting for various third-party modules to become Angular 4 compatible
    • Still not the highest priority, but we do want to upgrade soon
  • Texas A&M have a DSpace Sprint coming up from June 5-16. However, much of this time is working towards their local upgrade to DSpace 6. May have some time to spare to grab a few DSpace 7 tickets if the process goes well.
  • Open Repositories 2017 prep
    • We may want to implement simple theming...likely not yet configurable in the UI layer. But, just show an alternative theme (perhaps based on the new DSpace logo)
    • We need to update the demo REST API with some "real" looking data. Tim will email Art & Andrea about this.
  • Theming discussion
    • We need simple theming in the UI, to minimally manage logos, fonts, colors (also at Community/Collection levels)
    • Question: This will require persistence to what is stored in the theme. Will that persistence be stored on the node.js layer, or provided in the DSpace REST API?
    • Answer: The DSpace REST API plans to have a "configuration" endpoint which could persist this theme information. It's not yet built out/designed, but is in the proposed endpoints: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/blob/master/endpoints.md
  • <meta> tags for SEO. These are available now in Angular Universal.  We should create a ticket for this. Might be "nice to have" soon (possibly by OR2017), but it's not as flashy.

REST meeting

Attendees

Notes

  • Andrea is out this week at a conference. He didn't have a chance to pass along any updates (so we'll have to get them later via Slack or wait for next week)
  • Need Andrea's feedback on   DS-3490 - Getting issue details... STATUS  (as noted above in Angular UI discussion)
  • Also we need to update the demo REST API with some real data prior to OR2017.  Again, Tim will email Art & Andrea on this.