Date and Time
November 17 2016, 2pm EDT
- Review and merge use case documents:
- Build technical requirements and adjust charter wording if necessary: FileSets Working Group
Previous action Items:
- Stefano - gather use cases from various documents that describe the reasons for forming this WG. If needed put them into a single document on which we can all collaborate.
- Drew - Do the same as Stefano, specifically for the Hydradam use cases.
- Everybody - help formalize all use cases in a way that they can be turned into actionable tickets during our next meeting.
- General agreement on use case document; some amendments and clarifications
- Point 1 is more about establishing shared practices and providing guidelines for CC implementers to model content; it requires writing up some documentation
- Some minor adjustments to the charter document needed
- Only major decision point is whether we want to use FileSets to fulfill the planned functionality or completely do away with FileSets and elect a CC-specific class, inherited from pcdm:Object
- Both approaches need code changes
- We can start creating a code repository and entering tickets; we will review the tickets and lay out an action plan in the next meeting
- Some specific features, such as WGBH's links between Files (e.g. <XML metadata file> iana:describes <content bitstream>) are up to individual implementers; we want to keep the model as open as possible making only minimal assumptions
- Same for point 4 (discoverability): each implementer should be working off of a shared base to tweak Blacklight to match their institutional discovery needs
- Github repository: we can open a new repo under projecthydra-labs so we have a place for tickets centered on this WG rather than the individual projects that we are going to commit code to
- Stefano Cossu: Adjust charter points to match use case document
Andrew Myers: Open Github repository to start putting tickets
Andrew Myers and others: enter key tickets in Github repo