Discussion (combined Angular UI & REST meeting)
Angular UI Atmire Updates (from Art): Atmire been busy with other projects. Not much DSpace 7 work over last week
- Travis build fixes have been merged https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/144
- Alex's PR looks good. Minor feedback pending & then OK to merge
- Art has updated the Search mockups to display the filters under the searchbox: Search Mockup#Selectingfilters
- Art's PR for ngrx upgrade is still pending review: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/143
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) will try to review tomorrow
- If still open early next week, ping Tim and he'll do a quick build & review so we can get this merged ASAP
- Revisiting last week's discussion about making better use of HAL format in Angular UI, see https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/127#discussion_r137564629
- Art has analyzed and agrees with Andrea's suggestion
- Goal will be to store the link id/name in our DataService (ngrxStore). Link id/name is the name listed here (e.g. "collections" is the name of the link to the collections endpoint): https://dspace7.4science.it/dspace-spring-rest/#/dspace-spring-rest/api
- Angular UI will only make assumptions based on link names/ids (and not based on URLs). It will then proceed to grab the link URL (href) from the REST API (via HAL format).
- This provides flexibility in the REST API layer (allows links to change URL structure, as long as name/id does not)
- Also potentially helps support plugins/addons and/or configuration. If a plugin/addon/configuration enables or disables an endpoint, the Angular UI can respond accordingly to either display or hide the component associated with that endpoint.
- NOTE: This same concept needs to occur at all levels of requests (not just the homepage/top level endpoints). That was part of the reason behind the ticket:https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/127
- DSpace 7 UI Outreach Group discussed the Search Mockup at their meeting yesterday
- Their feedback: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kJHHavAKqnU2Dh8hQBYWBYmbYpPgn8ZyIcm6_yIqxhg/edit?usp=sharing
- Discussed this with Nelson in some detail. Notes have been added inline to Google doc above (by Tim)
- Others will review these notes in more detail and add comments.
- Next meeting on Sept 21 at 15UTC via Google Hangouts