Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time/Place

This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and IRC chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:

Attendees 

Agenda

  1. Code4Lib Workshop on "Interacting with Standards, Hands-on Fedora”
    1. Write-up for workshop:
      This workshop will focus on understanding and experiencing the interaction models defined by the web-standards that are contained in the Fedora Repository API. Specifically:
         * Memento
         * Web Access Control
         * Linked Data Platform
         * Activity Streams

  2. Sprint follow-on tickets
    1. Memento work in-progress:

      1. FCREPO-2617 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    2. Other work in-progress
      1. FCREPO-2632 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  3. 4.7.5 release
    1. Deprecations
    2. Non-API-Alignment fixes/improvements
    3. Future of fcrepo-audit? -  FCREPO-2648 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    4. This month?
  4. Discussion of Real Word Objects and Fedora
  5. 5.0.0 release
    1. API Alignment
    2. Abandoning the single subject restriction: any feedback/illuminating discussion on the list?
    3. Pairtrees?
  6. Tickets requiring attention
    1. FCREPO-2650 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    2. FCREPO-2544 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - waiting on feedback from Chris Colvard
    3. FCREPO-2486 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - ready to go? Danny Bernstein?
    4. FCREPO-2492 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - ready to go? Danny Bernstein?
  7. ...
  8. Tickets In-Review

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  9. New Fedora Clustering configuration

Ticket Summaries

  1. Please squash a bug!

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  2. Tickets resolved this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  3. Tickets created this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

Minutes

  1. Code4Lib Workshop on "Interacting with Standards, Hands-on Fedora”.  Need someone to take over this workshop - contact Andrew if interested.
  2. Sprint follow-on tickets
    1. Memento work in-progress:

      1. FCREPO-2617 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - work on hold.  Many memento tickets waiting on completion of this one.
    2. Other work in-progress
      1. FCREPO-2632 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - status unknown.  Jared to check with Danny on status.
      2. FCREPO-2638 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - Have to figure out how to catch the delete as it goes through and maybe have that be the solution. Other option is to make any references in the memeto static references.
  3. 4.7.5 release
    1. Updates

      1. Updated transaction manager, which was 5 years old, to new JBoss JTA manager Narayana.
      2. Upgrade to Modeshape 5.4 (resolved some threading issues).
      3. Looking into adding in documentation and/or code deprecation warnings.
      4. Fixed range headers, static refernces to css (through proxy).

      5. Upgraded jQuery.
      6. How to handle fcrepo-audit? Possibly deprecate, but still release. Peter recommends deprecating, and/or warning people that it does not perform at scale.

    2. Timing
      1. When to release? Possibly week of Dec. 9, possibly January. It was noted that Christmas is the most, horrible, time, of the year... (for issuing software releases).

      2. UMD running on custom-built 4.7.4 with local Modeshape upgrade. Can wait until January for 4.7.5.

      3. Most people prefer waiting until early January to issue a release candidate for 4.7.5.
  4. Discussion of Real Word Objects and Fedora
    1. Doron - would be useful to understand best practices on how to provide RDF for RWO in an LDP assuming F4/5 retains a SSR.
    2. Bethany suggests documenting the NLM use case.
    3. Why was the single subject restriction (SSR) put in place?  Would be good to understand the original design intentions, to best architect our system.  Will the SSR be relaxed?
    4. The API spec review effort is unaffected by whether or not there is an SSR, since this is not part of the API - it is an implementation detail.
    5. How to continue this discussion - on the mailing list, or via a dedicated call?  Keep on the tech call agenda for now, punt to Andrew for guidance.
  5. 5.0.0 release
    1. Possibly release beta before 5.0 is finished?

    2. Ideally, Test Compatibility Kit (TCK) should be completed before release. A group has been contracted to write the test suite, purely on the API. Progress is good.

    3. Delta document needs green checkmarks to see what has been completed. A lot of testing remains. Fedora API Spec and Delta Document Verification
    4. Bethany - maybe target issuing a beta after full compliance with test suite.
    5. Jared and Bethany commit to assist in some testing and adding of things to the Fedora API Spec and Delta Document Verification
  6. Tickets
    1. Need someone with a clustered Postgres setup for testing.
  • No labels