Discussion (combined Angular UI & REST meeting)
- Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- Art Lowel (Atmire)
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Jonas Van Goolen
- Patrick Trottier
- Terry Brady
- Tim Donohue
- Tom Desair
- First meeting on Zoom: DSpace Meeting Room
- OR2018 Propoals - Finalizing them
- Three proposals: REST API workshop (led by Andrea), Angular UI workshop (led by Art), and a general DSpace 7 update talk (led by Tim)
- Terry volunteers to chip in on REST API workshop
- All feel the proposals looking good. Andrea, Art & Tim will submit the proposals, respectively.
- DSpace 7 Planning discussion
- Discussion in last week's Steering Committee meeting about better organizing the DSpace 7 development process. Possibly even moving towards Sprints. Would make it easier for institutions to volunteer developers temporarily (for a single sprint, or off & on)
- First step is to gather "what is left to do", and start to better organize the planning. Tim will take lead
- Tim has started a very rough (brain dump) of what is done / in progress and left to do at DSpace Release 7.0 Status
Feedback is welcome on the list. However, as noted, the list is not ideal at this time. A single bulleted list (or list of checkboxes) doesn't provide enough detail on current status
- Tim will take lead on turning this into a planning table or spreadsheet by next week. After that, will need help from Art & Andrea to fill out, etc
- Art and Andrea both have internal docs that may be of use. Will forward to Tim
- Angular UI Team updates (via Art)
- Merged PR: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/210
- PR needs a new review/test: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/202
- ACTION: Tim will look at this again
- New effort to fix PATCH / POST, etc from Art. Needs review: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/211
- 4Science has an implementation as well, but plan to refactor to adopt Art's.
Travis Build issues in recent PRs. However, GitHub is down during part of this meeting. Likely related to that.
- REST API Updates (from Andrea)
PR from Tom on Search API. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1881/
- ACTION: 4Science will review. Terry also offered to review / test.
- 4Science will be doing MyDSpace development based off of this Search API work.
- Workspace Items (Submission) work: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1889
- Needs help in building tests
- May not be completed in next week
- Terry may chip in after #1881
- Small Fix. Will be reviewed and merged: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1898
- Tom demos his new PR on the REST Documentation: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1915
- Everyone likes this approach
- It's self-documenting based on the written tests
- May be able to replace the REST Contract entirely, once this gets further along.
- Tom's new Spring Security PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1916
- Still a work in progress, but promising
- Others like this approach. We should move this forward to adopt
- Next Meeting will be Thurs, Jan 18 at 15:00UTC in DSpace Meeting Room