Scope & Objectives
The Samvera Interest Group for Advising the Hyrax Roadmap (SIGAHR) will form a core advisory body for helping to define the roadmap for Hyrax and for overseeing execution of the roadmap. The group will offer feedback to the Hyrax Product Owner and Technical Lead on such issues and help develop future roadmaps for Hyrax. Based on our experience advising on the direction of Hyrax, this group will also make suggestions to Samvera Partners about resources, roles, and structures that can facilitate the management of Hyrax and other Samvera products.
Meeting Times & Communication Channels
Meetings will be held at least monthly on a conference call/video chat. Meeting agendas and notes will be shared with the community via chat (Slack) and Samvera Lists (Google Groups). Members of the group may wish to meet more often than monthly as needed.
Sunset Milestone: the Interest Group will self-evaluate at Samvera Connect 2018. Evaluation and decision to continue the Interest Group will be based on group input into the utility of the group for advising the direction of Hyrax and the decision to continue or discontinue the group will include open discussion with the Samvera Community.
Slack group is: #sigahr
Monthly meetings: 2nd Tuesdays at 2pm ET
This group, and it’s meetings, will be open to the community, though the Hyrax Product Owner and Technical Lead will work to ensure, as possible, that members of the Interest Group represent a breadth and depth of interest in and engagement with Hyrax across the Samvera community. Members are expected to participate regularly in Interest Group activities and may have up to 8 hours of non-meeting work some weeks.
- steve van tuyl (Oregon State University - Hyrax Product Owner, chair)
- Michael J. Giarlo (Stanford University, Hyrax Technical Lead)
- Jessica Hilt (University of California, San Diego)
- Ryan Steans (Northwestern University)
- Julie Rudder (University of North Carolina)
- Kevin Musiorski (Art Institute of Chicago)
Brian McBride (University of Utah)
Chris Colvard (Indiana University)
- Collin Brittle (Emory)
- David Schober (Northwestern University)
- Lynette Rayle (Cornell)
- Tom Johnson (DCE)
- Julie Hardesty (Indiana University)
- Julie Allinson (CoSector, University of London)
- Andy Weidner (University of Houston)
- Mark Bussey (DCE)
- Hyrax Roadmap (updated January 19, 2018)
Create meeting notes here.