Based on a discussion at the DevMtg 2018-01-31, we plan to host community meetings to discuss developer tools and processes.
Wish List of Topics
- Which IDE is best for DSpace and how do you use it?
- Iterative development and DSpace test frameworks
- VM and/or Container Strategies for DSpace, Docker and DSpace
- Deploying test instances of DSpace in the cloud - how to do it and do it at low cost
Are you interested?
If so, please list your name below and the topics that you might be willing to share with other developers. (Also, feel free to add to the wish list above).
- Terry Brady
- Hardy Pottinger (Vagrant-DSpace, Docker and DSpace)
- Tim Donohue (Vagrant-DSpace, puppet-dspace, basic deployment of DSpace in AWS (Amazon Web Services), general questions on DSpace development)
- Ryan Scherle
- Mark H. Wood
- Patrick Trottier (Janitor and DSpace)
- Monika Mevenkamp - I maintain two instances with DEV(on local) - QA and PROD on VM - i have some shell support/maven configurations - would like to discuss how other people handle this
- Sean Xiao Zhao and Mariya Maistrovskaya DSpace deployment with Jenkins. Testing frameworks are needed.
- Drew Heles - DSpace (5) ansible
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker
Based on the interest recorded above, Terry Brady will send out a poll for possible meeting times and schedule 1-2 initial meetings.
NOTE: The meeting will be recorded for those who are unable to attend.
Initial Meeting: Feb/Mar 2018
Time: TBD (see poll)
- Basic deployment of DSpace in AWS (Amazon Web Services) Tim Donohue
- Developing DSpace with Janitor Patrick Trottier
Meeting Archives will go here