Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Call-in Information

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00)

To join the online meeting:

Slack

Development Process

Attendees

(star) Indicating note-taker

  1. Ralph O'Flinn
  2. Benjamin Gross
  3. Kitio Fofack
  4. Tim Worrall
  5. Huda Khan

  6. Mike Conlon 

  7. Muhammad Javed

  8. Steven McCauley 

  9. Marijane White (star)
  10. Jim Blake

  11. Qazi Asim Ijaz Ahmad

  12. Christian Hauschke

  13. Don Elsborg

  14. Dong Joon (DJ) Lee

Agenda

  1. April Sprint (starts April 23)
  2. Post-1.10 technical priorities
    1. Decoupling elements of the architecture
    2. Clean API
    3. Integration testing
    4. ...
  3. Review and testing needed
    1. VIVO-1405 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Awaiting one more reviewer... Ralph O'Flinn (Complete)
    2. VIVO-1408 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Awaiting one more reviewer... Huda Khan?
    3. VIVO-1458 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Reviewed by Sarbajit Dutta, need another reviewer
    4. VIVO-1373 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Reviewed by Sarbajit Dutta, need another reviewer (addressed by VIVO-1458)
    5. VIVO-1435 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Needs reviewers
    6. VIVO-1447 - Getting issue details... STATUS  
      1. Ontology team has been assigned to review... do they know that?

Meeting Notes

  1. April Sprint (starts April 23)

    1. Kickoff meeting on Monday 4/23

    2. Update meeting on Friday 4/27

    3. Chat during Dev IG call on Tuesday 5/1

    4. Update/wrap up meeting on Friday 5/4

    5. Preparation for sprint?

      1. Tasks 2/3/4 need no prep

      2. Task 1 has a pull request

    6. Leading - Re-evaluation task - Benjamin

      1. Tasks - Evaluate jenatools, gather data, work on documentation, Selenium (?). Define multiple upgrade paths (1.7 vs. 1.8 and 1.9). TODO - for Benjamin create list of tasks team can choose from

    7. Ontology - Marijane

    8. Multilanguage - Kitio

      1. Going to push some code

      2. See subtasks on ticket VIVO-1451

      3. Testing?  Will require ingesting data, targeting French, English-US, and German

      4. Only existing languages are Spanish and Portugese

      5. Do we have a German language properties file? Yes, on the GitHub

      6. Files need to be tagged, not clear what version they’re for, or create different branches.

  2. New tickets

    1. VIVO-1466 - Add database types to. Runtime.properties comments

    2. VIVO-1467 - Ontology entities are not dereferenceable if they use hash namespaces

    3. VIVO-1468 - "Change URI" fails to change URIs for hash-namespace ontology resources

  3. Tickets being worked or considered

    1. VIVO-1448 - Move password encryption from MD5 to a salted hash IN PROGRESS  

      1. Qazi Asim Ijaz Ahmad and Jim had a meeting to discuss

      2. Likely to be committed before April 23rd, but likely testing scheduled for Sprint 2

  4. Review and testing needed

    1. VIVO-1405 - Defeat browser caching for new versions of JavaScript and CSS files. DONE

      1. Ralph and Tim reviewed, box needs to be checked on GitHub

      2. Have been merged (happened when 1408 was merged)

    2. VIVO-1408 - ConfigurationBeanLoader should recognize RDF namespaces in java: URIs DONE

      1. Has been merged

    3. VIVO-1458 - Update to Jena 3.6 IN REVIEW

      1. Reviewed by Sarbajit Dutta, need another reviewer, currently assigned to Mike for review

      2. 3.7 released this week - consider implementing instead?

    4. VIVO-1373 - VIVO 1.10 Beta 2 does not support FROM and FROM NAMED queries IN REVIEW

      1. Reviewed by Sarbajit Dutta, waiting on review by Mike

      2. Fixed by 1458

    5. VIVO-1435 - Compliance with ORCID style guidelines IN REVIEW

      1. Needs reviewers

      2. Need Mike here to comment on this - he is concerned about having both http and https in a system

      3. Ralph will add himself as a reviewer

      4. Jim will be working on furthering the orcid-api-client for Scholars@Cornell

    6. VIVO-1447 - Organize the ontology files. Produce a vivo.owl IN REVIEW  

      1. Ontology team has been assigned to review... do they know that? Maybe some, maybe not all. Maybe Violeta and Brian do not.

Action items

  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date

Recent JIRA Tickets

    1. Tickets created in the last 30 days:

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh

    2. Tickets resolved in the last 30 days:

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh

    3. Bugs

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh