- Carol Minton Morris (chair, DuraSpace)
- Bram Luyten (Atmire) (may occasionally sit in)
- Mariya Maistrovskaya (University of Toronto)
- Felicity Dykas (University of Missouri)
- Jose Carvalho (University of Minho)
- Nelson Torres (University of Minho)
- Tom Hutchinson <email@example.com>
- Sarah Molloy (Queen Mary University of London)
- Agustina Martinez
- Arthur Smith
- Tim Donohue
- Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- Michele Mennielli (DuraSpace)
- May 9 at 11:00 AM ET on https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace
- Convening efforts to reach out and deeply engage the DSpace community in the aspects of DSpace 7 development.
- Next meeting May 23, 2018 11:00 AM EDT in the Zoom DSpace Meeting Room Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace Note:
|Announcements or news to share||Carol|
• Sprint with 8 developers from around the world, code fixes, underway (blog post: http://duraspace.org/announcing-the-first-dspace-7-virtual-development-sprint-may-7-18/). This is the first DSpace community sprint, all developers are new to the DSpace code base. Tim is providing information and support.
• Integration with Open Aire, University of Minho https://dev4.rcaap.pt/oai/request?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=openaire4
Documentation of this DSpace 5 and 6 initiative is to come. Aim is to include functionality in DSpace 7 as well.
DSpace 7 Update
The DSpace Steering Group has been discussing whether to potentially expand the scope of DSpace 7 to include more new features such as support for storing things like Authors (to create Author Profile pages, like Bepress, etc), and some other objects that tend to be more CRIS-oriented.These ongoing discussions may mean that DSpace 7 is not *just* a new UI on existing features–what we have been focusing on for "What's in DSpace 7".
The Steering Group has another meeting scheduled to discuss further and work towards making a decision–not sure when this decision will be made. We might want to hold off on publishing "What's in DSpace 7" until this discussion completes --- we can still finalize the document, but may want to just hold it until entities work is finalized.
Full update and demo planned for OR in early June; the DSpace 7 tech team is small, browse and search completed; submission in process
Steering Group has been discussing entities working group conclusions (DSpace Entities Working Group)—researcher profiles, groups, grants and funder info–would like to move this work forward into the DSpce 7 release, need additional funding and/or developers to build out a prototype.
Working on segmenting out the entities work. Expect a statement from the DSpace 7 steering group prior to the Open Repositories Conference.
Entities group–build an extendable model for 3 entities
Discussion–2017 DSpace Annual Report
The Fedora Project Leadership Group recently published the Fedora 2017 Annual Report. A PDF of the report can be downloaded from the Fedora wiki.
Would a similar report be of interest to the DSpace community and if so could this group facilitate development of a manuscript?
|Carol Minton Morris|
Too late, plan the next one; define a structure; some things to report; important to have this; need to work with others–this group cannot be totally responsible; define structure, metrics, info about types of DSpace instances; can do it, but not alone
Collective effort–steerers, DCAT, user groups, service providers–it is not too late, shoot for May in 2019 annual cycle based on 2018 structure
One or two people need to own this
Tim keeps a running list of initiatives on the wiki; Strategic Planning
|Revise "What's In DSpace 7" doc to emphasize/clarify "core features IN PROCESS||José Carvalho|
presented at DCAT 1.0 version can accommodate other features; ready to define next steps/include entities initiative; promote in the community in different countries; open repositories in June
Define a draft 2017 DSpace Annual Report structure for review and comment based on 2017 Fedora Annual Report by next meeting (May 23), emails:
|Revise "What's In DSpace 7" doc to emphasize/clarify "core features ON HOLD|