How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
126.96.36.199 (US West)
188.8.131.52 (US East)
184.108.40.206 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Kevin Musiorski
Notetaker: Jim Coble
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- The future of OM (Tom Johnson)
- Hyrax WG Update (Tom Johnson & Steve Van Tuyl)
- Sprinting now!
- Expect a release this week
- Heading toward Questioning Authority release (Lynette Rayle)
- QA dependency vulnerability - PR #167
- 3 other PRs to consider for inclusion - https://github.com/samvera/questioning_authority/pulls
- Notetaker and moderator for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call.
2b. The future of OM (Tom Johnson)
- Initially, no one stepped forward to serve as Product Owner for OM (Opinionated Metadata – https://github.com/samvera/om). A proposal was made to deprecate it. However, it is dependency for hydra-works and thus for Hyrax.
- There is a Product Owner for OM (Jon Cameron). Should we continue to move toward deprecation or find a way to drum up maintenance energy for it?
- There is a pull request for hydra-works to remove the OM dependency – https://github.com/samvera/hydra-works/pull/346 . Should this move forward?
- Do we know how much OM is still used in the wild?
- Next steps
- Find a viable alternative to OM.
- Have someone try out the alternative in an app in uses OM.
- Document the migration path from OM to the alternative.
- Will keep on agenda for next time.
- Chris Colvard will talk to Jon Cameron (the OM Product Owner) about this.
2c. Hyrax Working Group update (steve and Tom)
- Hyrax Working Group is group of developers working on maintenance and features for Hyrax. In their first sprint. Expect to make a release at the end of the week.
- Current sprint has been mostly open-ended. Next sprint will focus on accessibility issues.
- Slack channel for the working group: #hyrax-wg .
2d. Heading toward Questioning Authority release (Lynette Rayle)
3. Next time: