The DSpace System Documentation is available from our list of DSpace Resources.
Timeline and Proceeding
Please assign yourself to the trackers on SF and put anything you want to get done in the wiki.
- 13th Feb - Release Beta 1 (Completed)
- 18th to 22nd Feb - DSpace 1.5 DSpace Release 1.5.0 Testathon Page (Completed)
- 10th March - Release Beta 2 (Completed)
- 24th March - Release DSpace 1.5 (Completed)
If you want to provide a test instance for 1.5 development, check out code from the 1.5x branch:
svn co https://dspace.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x/ /path/to/your/src
General Major Changes
- Code Reorganization (including new Maven based build system)
- Addon/Event Mechanism
- New Browse System
- Configurable Submission System
Release Critical Bugs
These are the bugs that must be fixed before we can release the next version of DSpace.
- SF #1899958 User appears logged in when not logged in
- SF #1899793 Windows install documentation
- SF #1898575 Maven build for language packs
- SF #1897804 non-administrator unable to create subcommunity
- SF #1896266 Upgrade 1.4.2->1.5 Oracle errors database_schema_142-15.sql
- SF #1896183 Special characters in xmlui
- SF #1903932 language-packs native2ascii
1.5.0 Has the following issues that will/should be corrected in 1.5.1
- the generated dspace/modules/sword webapp is missing lib files (show stopper)
- Some of the dspace/modules/<projects> need to have dependencies added to their poms to ease customization of java classes (not a show stopper)
- DSpace Statistics system does not work with Manakin UI (should it? Not sure...)
- Documentation is being updated to reflect this version. A word/pdf manual is being created and should be available by Mid May. We are searching for ways to post this document in on the wiki, for editing and re-assembly into a printable format. The documentation coordination is being driven by the foundation.
See DSpace Release 1.5.1 Notes for the next minor release cycle...