VIVO [Pronunciation: /viːvəʊ/ or vee-voh] is member-supported, open source software and an ontology for representing scholarship. VIVO supports recording, editing, searching, browsing and visualizing scholarly activity. VIVO encourages research discovery, expert finding, network analysis and assessment of research impact. VIVO is easily extended to support additional domains of scholarly activity.
Search the VIVO Wiki
- VIVO Camp, April 5-7, UCSD, San Diego. 2.5 days learning about VIVO from VIVO experts. Register today https://goo.gl/vh9hm7
- Call for Proposals. VIVO 2018 will be held at the JB Duke Hotel in Durham, North Carolina, June 6-8, 2018. The Call for Proposals is now open. Submit your proposal https://goo.gl/pIZDto
- Conferences Attended and to Attend lists upcoming conferences of interest to the VIVO community. If you are attending an upcoming conference, please add to the list, and consider organizing a VIVO session or presentation.
- The 2017 VIVO Conference was held August 2-4 at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City. #vivo17. Thanks to all attendees, sponsors, presenters, and the VIVO Conference Planning Task Force. Materials from the conference are available on OpenVIVO
What is VIVO?
VIVO developers and implementers
- VIVO uses a collection of ontologies to provide an extensible data standard for describing scholarship
- VIVO-ISF, the VIVO Integrated Semantic Framework, is the core VIVO ontology
- OpenRIF (Open Research Information Framework) is an open source project that works to develop and align information models including VIVO-ISF.
- SPARQL is the query language for semantic data. Learn more about SPARQL.
Participate in the VIVO community
- Join one of the VIVO email lists to participate in discussions, ask questions, learn more.
- Join Slack here: https://goo.gl/sSDGMn
- Participate in interest groups
Join or create a task force to get work done
To edit this wiki or post issues to the VIVO JIRA issue tracker, request a DuraSpace ID with access to JIRA.
Contact email@example.com for assistance with problems logging on to or accessing this wiki.