- Time: 2:00pm Eastern Time US
- Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7035
- Establish understanding of where effort stands
- Establish goals for sprint
- Establish team, roles, expectations
- Determine is another planning meeting is required
- Introduction and topic summary
- Establish common understanding of function of Import/Export
- Sprint: May 15-26
- IRC: #fcrepo @freenode
- Next planning call, if needed: Monday, April 24th @1pm ET
- Current Status of Import/Export utility
Existing Import / Export tickets
Existing Verification tickets
- Sprint 3 Stakeholder Feedback
- Use case and requirements
- Confirm commitments
- Uses cases
- Testing and validation
State of the Effort:
- Import export tool
- Phased development plan has been created (phase 1, 2 and 3)
- Phase 1 items are working
- Phase 2 have been implemented but need more testing
- Phase 3 have not yet been implement.
- So export works well but not between versions
- Import works but needs more testing
- Importing to a different URL doesn't work
- Timestamps and other internally managed values require some work (lossiness)
- Import and export bags is implemented but needs testing and need to verify that it meets the standards of AP Trust
- At a high level: round-tripping to an empty repository or container seems to work.
- Non-empty containers is a possibly a problem.
- Export follows LDP contains relationship by default and allows for specifying custom predicates for defining the boundary of the hierarchy of resources
- Verification tool:
- works but could use improvement
- A couple of issues:
- We don't deal with the server managed triples
- We need to figure out how to handle those
- Tied to the issue of lossy import.
- Commandline interface: We need to improve the responses from the command line tool
- Unicode escaped strings in RDF are fool the tool into seeing a failure where no failure is.
Andrew Woods will send out a doodle poll after this call to determine the next planning meeting which we can hopefully schedule in the next two weeks.
High level targets for this sprint:
- Strong confidence with import and export with APTrust, MetaArchive, and Archivematica
- Import and export versions
- Importing into a non-empty container
- Export a diff between a repo and an existing bag