Mark Bussey (Conference host)
Matt Critchlow Karen Estlund
Richard Green (Admin assistant) (probable apologies)
Schedule (for info)
- w/b 1st June: Web page and booking announced
- (8-11 June: Open Repositories 2015)
- 1 July: Outline schedule announced following call on 30 June
- w/b 3rd August: Detailed program announced
- 21-24 September: HC2015
- Facilitator and notetaker for this call
- Additional agenda items?
- Organizational matters just for info:
- Hotel arrangements
- Social events
- Poster reception
- Conference dinner
- Public page here
- Room availability for reference: HC2015 Conference Rooms.xlsx
- FYI - Last year's post conference survey results
- Structure of conference
- Theme? No theme? Mold the theme to the offerings?
- Any or all of...
- Conference welcome (by?)
- New Hydranaut introductions
- Interest Group and Working Group reports (inc. Steering?)
- Poster session
- Unconference sessions
- Interest and Working group meetings
- Other working sessions
- 2014 program for reference is here
- Community ideas for content - page at HC2015 suggestions for the program
- audience question - 2014 broke out topics by audience also on a new / established vector. was this successful? Would we want to replicate?
- 2015 Github - https://github.com/pbinkley/HC2015-program/issues
- Waffle board - https://waffle.io/pbinkley/HC2015-program
- poll.gitrun.com - Here is how it works: Login at poll.gitrun.com (you have to allow it to edit your repos). Once you are logged in you can point it directly at an issue with a URL like http://poll.gitrun.com/pbinkley/HC2015-program/issues/1. View vote totals or click to vote. The way it votes is by just leaving a comment that says simply '+1'; if you do that manually it will also count your vote.
- 2015 program - template here if useful
- Agree how to generate an outline program before 6/30 (Quality over quantity )
- Are there program items that require clarification before a decision can be made about them?
- Specific "to-do's" before next call
- Plan next email(s) - when to send out
- Poster session (Last year's text here)
- FYI: No local printing facilities this year
- Next call 30 June 8.00am PT, 11.00am ET, 4.00pm UK
(Names for action items in Red!)
How to organize all the program ideas? (continued)
- Anna will remove the Aud_All label in favor of specific audiences for proposed topics in repo - done
- Anna will review existing issues in repo - done
- Anna will create a milestone for issues that have a presenter - done
- A bunch of ideas have been added to the wiki page since the github import. we need to get those in somehow.
- Re: structure of the conference, we agree to generally follow the same structure as last year with the general structure outlined here: HC2015 Conference Rooms.xlsx
- DCE can provide a scheduling app to help sort people and sessions into rooms, etc.
- We decided to schedule a meeting for next week, June 23rd 8:00am PT, 11:00am ET, 4:00pm UK to continue discussing the general outline for the conference before out 6/30 deadline