Time: 1pm EST
Just want to dial in?
+1 734 763 1841
(US or Canada only)
International Callers (http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2.) Enter the Meeting ID: 990285483
3.) Enter the Passcode: 8955
Nabeela Jaffer(Univ. of Michigan)
Leah Vanderjagt (Univ. of Alberta)
Julie Rudder (UNC)
Sherry Lake (Univ. of Virginia)
Chris Diaz (Northwestern)
Jenn Colt (Cornell University)
Michael J. Giarlo (Stanford)
Facilitator: Julie Rudder
Notetaker: Chris Diaz
1. Overview of DURT (10 min. Jenn Colt) - How would repo-managers testing be similar or different?
labeling, creating a work, confusion about depositing files, sharing, visibility), which were reported back to the technical working group. There has been some UI/UX work done between Sufia 7.2 and Hyrax 2, so it was suggested we identify which themes are still relevant in Hyrax shared testing instance and write EPIC issues for upstream development for Hyrax 2.x releases. This includes identified open Hyrax tickets that are being worked on but not yet merged with the master branch.
2. Starting a subgroup to figure out a scalable process for user interface testing during the Hyrax release process (5-10 min. Julie Rudder)
3. Proposal for Repo-Managers to take ownership of the Hyrax UI Interactions document (10 min. steve van tuyl)
Origin of the document: Hyrda-in-a-Box talking to accessibility expert who asked for specific UI interactions for the testing. Grew into usefulness for QA testing and as a manager guide.
The document needs more interactions and more of a structural edit.
It is roughly 85% complete
Is this two documents? Yes: a QA testing document and a managers guide to the Hyrax application.
How do we test releases and maintain this document? We can cut a BETA release to trigger QA testing before the final release.
What is the ideal turnaround time for testing? Major releases are scheduled weeks/months in advance. Patch releases are more spontaneous with turnaround of a few days given the level of similarity between releases. Major releases are moving toward an annual release schedule.
Notre Dame may be a model institution for QA and usability testing.
4. Repo-managers team in Github, like UX advisors (10 min. Michael J. Giarlo)
5. Topics for the August meeting (2 min. Meeting Idea Parking Lot)